Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 21 Y/O w Dark Circles page 3

gjfatkri is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    about those things later in life.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    just tell me your goddamned ethnic background guy! If you are napolitano it's just because you're napolitano I think- all of the people in my old family photos on the neapolitan side have the gray under-eye thing, most with little owl beaks.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

learningkid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    just tell me your goddamned ethnic background guy! If you are napolitano it's just because you're napolitano I think- all of the people in my old family photos on the neapolitan side have the gray under-eye thing, most with little owl beaks.
    I am Scottish-Irish actually. I think maybe food intolerance, but I've eliminated dairy and gluten for 3-4 weeks at a time and the circles persist, although they maybe get a little better - but it's really hard to tell.

I wish I could do GAPS or something gut health realted but I just can't in my situation.

Appreciate the advice so far guys!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't have to be all or nothing with GAPS. Every little change you can make will help your gut.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

learningkid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    It doesn't have to be all or nothing with GAPS. Every little change you can make will help your gut.
    Unfortunately I require a high carbohydrate lifestyle GAPS actually seems to make my allergies worse because of a lot of the foods I seem to be allergic to (eggs, nuts, etc - although I'm guessing here).

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    GAPS is by no means inherently low carb. You can eat fruit to your hearts' content, and of course, non-starchy veggies, and winter squashes are very allowed. Between fruit & butternut & honey, I can get quite up there on the carb scale. There is absolutely no carb maximum on GAPS; it's just not quite as easy to go bonkers on carbs without the grains & potatoes.

And I don't eat eggs or nuts, either.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123