Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Has becoming primal/paleo ruined your life? page

Warmbear is online now Senior Member

Has becoming primal/paleo ruined your life?

Heya, got your attention did I? Well then let me explain myself. Since becoming paleo, I have been reading a lot of related info and have discovered a lot of disturbing ideas. The big company conspiracy theories about how they try to program us, lie to use feed us crap food and then meds to treat what their food caused. Genetic manipulation of wheat making us sick and addicted... Government collusion in this conspiracy to control us and distract us and fleece us.

I have been reading books like the handmaiden's tale by Margaret Atwood and I see such a nightmare world slowing coming. Right wing conservative governments slowly taking our freedoms with fear and paranoia as justification, police forces becoming abusive dominating occupying forces crushing any protests and people just closing their shutters and claiming non involvement because it does not apply to them.

I never noticed all of this before and paid no attention anyways but now I see it all over the place and I have become convinced that we are being slowly boiled alive and not doing anything about it.

I am healthier than I have been in 30 years, more awake than ever before and seeing the noose close around our necks and I am literally freaking out on a regular basis as I see each example of jack booted totalitarianism crushing one more aspect of freedom.

I cant not pay attention I cant not care but this is making me crazier and crazier. I need peace.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear, Bear...are you actually having panic attacks? I understand how this lifestyle changes your way of thinking and seeing (and may prompt some to buy property out in the sticks so they can live off it and get off the grid), but try to concentrate on making your time here on this planet happy. We can only change the world one person at a time, starting with ourselves. In the meantime, maybe consider speaking with a professional about these feelings, even if it's a Homeopath. We all have to find peace, no matter how small the chunks may be.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    //
    Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-02-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It's not anything related to paleo, I think, other people arrive at this conclusion in different ways. It's because of the internet, we're not censored here, and there is boundless amounts of information, both speculative and factual. You're not ignorant anymore, but you're crazy. Welcome to the club.

"When people start thinking about the things in their life that can be changed, they are exercising aspects of their organism that had been atrophied by being in an authoritarian culture. Authoritarians talk about protocols, but the only valid ‘protocol’ would be something like ‘perceive, think, act."
    nihil

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Bear, remember, you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.

But I get what you're saying. Every time the govt passes another law "to keep us safe," I know we've been screwed. I even think a few of the tragedies we've suffered on US soil may have been engineered by power mongers, or if not, definitely used by them to curb individual freedoms.

There's a concept of operating in sunshine/sunlight - iow, operating so that all can see what you're doing. When the highest executive officer in the land allows (signs into law) that GMO products not only don't have to be labelled, but are forbidden to be labelled, that's hiding information from the citizenry. And if that isn't enough, our taxes subsidize the very industries that are producing GMO foods.

Me? I'm paranoid and pissed. And pretty much have been so since Watergate.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    When the highest executive officer in the land allows (signs into law) that GMO products not only don't have to be labelled, but are forbidden to be labelled, that's hiding information from the citizenry.
    I've heard that claim but it isn't true. There are plenty of products that are labeled non-gmo. The entire 365 brand is non-gmo. And you can find non-gmo all of the place if you look for it. In addition part of the USDA organic label can only be used on non gmo products.

Here is just one example

Or maybe somebody should tell door to door organics about it, since they have entire section labeled Non GMO
    Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the correction.

ETA: Actually, a bigger thank you! Now that I know this, I'll just assume that if something isn't labelled NonGMO, that it is a GMO product. This makes life a bit easier.

I'm still paranoid and pissed at the Fed.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Thank you for the correction.

ETA: Actually, a bigger thank you! Now that I know this, I'll just assume that if something isn't labelled NonGMO, that it is a GMO product. This makes life a bit easier.

I'm still paranoid and pissed at the Fed.
    Hey, I'm with you on that last part. I just like to let everybody know there already is a libertarian solution to finding nongmo products. The information is available if you want it. And yeah, I think it is safe to assume that if something isn't labeled non-gmo then chances are there is something in it with gmo (if it is a prepackaged food at least).
    You can get more info on the the nongmo project here: Product Verification | The Non-GMO Project

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    One of my favorite things about MDA is that it reassures me I am not a conspiracy theorist but an actual conspiracy factist (i am a speech-language pathologist, I get to make up new words) I think Bear that I was heading this way before I started eating primal but it has certainly reinforced the realization that our society as a whole is killing us and we are willing partakers. I have done the panic attack thing but have reached a point of working towards my own solution, which is becoming self-sufficient. It will take a while but it is all I can do. That and live my life as primal as possible. "Be the change you wish to see in the world". It is the best advice I know.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL. I already had LPD (Libertarian Paranoia Disorder) BEFORE becoming paleo, learning what I've learned since has just cemented what I was already thinking. Though it's not the right wingers I'm afraid of nearly so much as the left wingers.

In any case, my philosophy is to live my life as best I can - try to help educate others - but not to live in constant fear of Big Brother. I'm too rebellious to cower anyway.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast