Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Has becoming primal/paleo ruined your life? page 4

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes and when they take away the right to an abortion because they pandered to people who thought their Way was better than yours, you loose freedom. Soon this can become something else and again and again and soon you're wearing a veil and are not allowed to read for fear of "ideas" .
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh, newborn Congrants man
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I wish I could un-know some things(ignorance is bliss) but then I think about my son. I am 38 years old and I've known things were fucked up since I was about 12. I've learned or been forced to make too many compromises over the years. What I'm realizing now is if you are not living your vision or living by your beliefs you are not really living at all. This is what I'm trying to get back to. Next to the birth of my son the happiest and most peaceful(inner peace)time in my life was when I was homeless and roaming the Country. I ate out of dumpsters and slept outside on the ground most nights for about three straight years and I loved it. Let me point out that this was something I chose to do. I did not drink or do drugs back then. Kinda weird because I drink a lot now that I am an active member of society. It's been a long time since my days as a vagrant and the quality of my life has been in steady decline ever since rejoining the working(slaving)world. I need to find some kind of balance between the two worlds that I've known

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Soon this can become something else and again and again and soon you're wearing a veil and are not allowed to read for fear of "ideas" .
    But why would corporate america want women, who are employees and consumers, relegated to a life of subserviance? And has there been progress to re-outlaw abortion?

The corporation that makes birth control pills is not going to let birth control be outlawed. They have more money than the nutjobs. Victoria's Secret (limited brands) is not going to go for the production of burquas.

I think although a lot of TV time is given to pandering to the ultra moral conservatives, very few policy decisions go their way. I mean, the biggest policy decision impacting women's health is that insurers have to cover birth control and the conservative organizations are fighting that clause. Of course insurers want to cover birth control; it beats paying for woman to have a baby.

Politicians are not going to risk losing support from corporations to appease a small number of zealots that are dumb enough to believe politicians are going to work for them.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    But why would corporate america want women, who are employees and consumers, relegated to a life of subserviance?
    I think you will find that corporate america want everyone to live a life of subservianvce as long as it ups thier profits
    Got to keep the peasants in-line after all
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I feel both the paranoia and the freedom from the whole mess at the same time. Stuff like the grass-fed meat and the small organic farms and eating healthy so I don't need medical treatment for chronic degenerative diseases caused by franken foods makes me feel free and empowered.

My poor boyfriend feels so trapped because there's no way to safely plan for a secure retirement, and corporate work really truly does suck. You cannot simply play by the rules, do the best you can and have any kind of financial security anymore. I consider it my duty to strive as little as possible and be prepared to live out on the trails or Slab City when I'm old. I save as much as I can with the full understanding there's a chance it'll all be worthless someday. What else can I do?

Once people are ready to pick up their pitchforks, I'll be ready to join them, but we're all trapped in the web, and as we twist and squirm we tighten the binds. We're not ready yet to break the binds because not enough of us have found the solution. Too many are trapped in the whole left/right argument, which is exactly what "they" want.

You just have to do whatever you can and let go of the worry over the outcome. People out there are living far worse lives than I am and they are still alive and able to feel happiness.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    The whole "right wing" "left wing" thing is BS. I don't know all the gory details of Canadian politics but in the US there really isn't a practical difference. Both "sides" are driven by religion - their faith in control. Both sides are "guilty" of the same crime - trying to do what they think is right. Both do most of their harm through unintended consequences. Both use the harm their actions create to justify taking even MORE action, which of course causes more unintended consequences and therefore justifies yet more.

In aviation there is a term, Pilot-Induced Oscillation...it's what happens when a pilot tries to make an airplane do something, it does MORE than they expected, so they try to actively reverse what they just caused, which in turn does MORE in the other direction than they expected, so they try to actively reverse the reversal ad nausium into the ground. Planes crash and people die due to Pilot-Induced Oscillations, and the ironic part is that the oscillations often simply go away... complete cure... if the pilot simply lets go of the controls. Well guess what? Politicians NEVER let go of the controls, which means the oscillations will never go away.

Example:

Modern mega-agriculture can be traced directly back to the New Deal, a "left wing" enterprise, and the subsequent "fixes".

In the 1920s agricultural output skyrocketed due to improved farm equipment and newly available pesticides and the like. The result was a short-term overproduction which crashed food prices and would have put a lot of farmers out of business. Had things been allowed to run their course we would now have fewer and smaller farms, lower land prices, less agricultural damage to land, no incentive for Monsanto et al to monkey with crops, and in general we would have been eating the same sorts of foods we ate before, but that food would've been produced on less arable land by fewer farmers. However, the Democrats saw farms going out of business as a crisis, and farmers as a group deserving help, and so federal subsidies were invented, systems for artificially raising prices were created, new demand for crops was created, and in general the New Deal created the economic conditions and incentives necessary for modern factory farming, modified crops, and industrial food production to take over.

And now those SAME democrats are on the forefront of pushing for additional regulations because of factory farming, modified crops, and industrial food production. And you know what? Those regs will push things even FURTHER out of control.

It comes down to this: People trying to fix what they don't understand, and then trying to fix the fix, and then fix the fix the fix and you get the idea. Every attempted fix makes things worse, which in turn justifies a bigger fix to fix the last fix.

Republicans do the exact same thing of course. The exact same thing. The difference only in WHAT the various politicians don't understand.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You just have to do whatever you can and let go of the worry over the outcome. People out there are living far worse lives than I am and they are still alive and able to feel happiness.
    Well put.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I was raised by disappointed and disillusioned parents who never once thought that the system we are living in was designed for their benefit. So for me eating primally wasn't a big wake up call, at least not politically. Though in terms of my personal health it was.

We were born into this evil machine that is determined to turn every living thing into a product to be bought or sold for profit no mater the cost of human suffering or the effect it has on this beautiful unique planet we inhabit. I believe there is very little we can do to change it.
    So what gives me solace and peace? Nature. And looking at the really big picture. The land we are standing on has had many incarnations, desert, glacier, forest etc. We humans are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

The important thing is to be kind to one another, spend time in nature and be truly present with your new little one.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast