Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Has becoming primal/paleo ruined your life? page 20

Rojo is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicator View Post
    It's a successful movement...so much so that the left owns the paradigm, and continues to gain ground under the false premise that they are a struggling minority fighting for a just cause. It's parasitic in nature though, like Islam, and will fall apart when it's weakened it's host sufficiently.
    A persecuted minority? You mean like John Galt?

That a generation of intellectuals would in some small way influence society isn't that suprising. That a crappy novel about a railroad would is rather amazing.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post

That a generation of intellectuals would in some small way influence society isn't that suprising. That a crappy novel about a railroad would is rather amazing.
    And yet a book about a pilgrimage still influences art & literature in the Western World, your faux elitism is exposed.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal has ruined my life! That beautiful salmon I had tonight - disgusting! Those luscious grass fed burgers with organic tomatoes and smothered with squished avocado - I practically have to choke them down. And forget those early morning walks before the city is totally awake and the beauty of the sun just starting to warm up the day, ending with a stroll in an almost 200 year old cemetery - I hate all the quiet peace. And body weight exercises that are healing the knee I hurt so badly last year.

I hate it, I tell ya! Somebody go get me a bucket of Kentucky Fried Rats, a jumbo Coke, and the remote to the TV.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Primal has ruined my life! That beautiful salmon I had tonight - disgusting! Those luscious grass fed burgers with organic tomatoes and smothered with squished avocado - I practically have to choke them down. And forget those early morning walks before the city is totally awake and the beauty of the sun just starting to warm up the day, ending with a stroll in an almost 200 year old cemetery - I hate all the quiet peace. And body weight exercises that are healing the knee I hurt so badly last year.

I hate it, I tell ya! Somebody go get me a bucket of Kentucky Fried Rats, a jumbo Coke, and the remote to the TV.
    While that all sounds perfectly lovely Joanie, none of it counts one bit... you forgot to invoke the violet flame of woo first!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post

Are you still here? Gadzooks, man, somewhere in the world a lion is institutionally oppressing an invader in it's socially constructed territory. You ought to be empowering the state to coerce the lion into ceasing it's thought-crime.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    While that all sounds perfectly lovely Joanie, none of it counts one bit... you forgot to invoke the violet flame of woo first!
    This sounds like lighting your farts on fire or something.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    This sounds like lighting your farts on fire or something.
    And here I thought violet flame was a girl on girl come-on. Hmmpf - I'm disappointed.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    And here I thought violet flame was a girl on girl come-on. Hmmpf - I'm disappointed.
    interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Nicator View Post
    Are you still here? Gadzooks, man, somewhere in the world a lion is institutionally oppressing an invader in it's socially constructed territory. You ought to be empowering the state to coerce the lion into ceasing it's thought-crime.
    Please his Frankfurt school based learnings will insist that your language is being aggressive and oppressive towards him. How dare you question the greatness of Marx teachings that has so greatly enriched the world and didn't slaughter hundreds of millions of people in the process.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Please his Frankfurt school based learnings will insist that your language is being aggressive and oppressive towards him. How dare you question the greatness of Marx teachings that has so greatly enriched the world and didn't slaughter hundreds of millions of people in the process.
    Let's pay homage to Marx by quoting some of his writings!

Quote Originally Posted by Marx
    What was the foundation of the Jewish religion? Practical needs, egoism. Consequently the monotheism of the Jew is in reality the polytheism of many needs. Practical needs or egoism are the principle of bourgeois society, and they appear openly as such so soon as bourgeois society gives birth to the political state. The God of practical needs and egoism is money.

Money is the jealous God of Israel, by the side of which no other god may exist. Money degrades all the gods of man and converts them into commodities. Money is the general and self-constituted value of all things. Consequently it has robbed the whole world—the world of mankind as well as Nature—of its peculiar value. Money is the being of man's work and existence alienated from himself, and this alien being rules him, and he prays to it.

The God of the Jews has secularized himself and become the universal God. Exchange is the Jew's real God.

The conception of Nature which prevails under the rule of private property and of money is the practical degradation of Nature, which indeed exists in the Jewish religion, but only in imagination.

In this sense Thomas Münzer declared it to be intolerable "that all creatures have been turned into property, the fishes in the water, the birds in the air, the growths of the soil."

What remains as the abstract part of the Jewish religion, contempt for theory, for art, for history, for man as an end in himself, is the real conscious standpoint and virtue of the monied man. The generic relation itself—the relation of man to woman, etc., becomes an object of commerce. Woman is bartered.

The chimerical nationality of the Jew is the nationality of the merchant, of the monied man generally.

The baseless law of the Jew is only the religious caricature of the baseless morality and of right generally, of the merely formal ceremonies which pervade the world of egoism.
    That is why it's important to read Marx - to see for yourself that the tens of millions who died because of Marx didn't die from some kind of horrible twisting of innocent notions, they were victims of Marx's personal bigotry as implemented by his followers.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast