Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Has becoming primal/paleo ruined your life? page 18

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh seriously, political debating is mental masturbation. Politics swings from one extreme to the other - different idealogies, same basic result (war, repression, exploitation). It never changes because people have not learned to get on with each other on the most basic levels. How can we stop going to war with countries at the other side of the world if we can't stand the sight of our families?
    but but marx engels hayek mises pound sterling derivitives isms look how smart I am!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    but but marx engels hayek mises pound sterling derivitives isms look how smart I am!
    fuck dead people!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

^ That sounds really bad...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

LOL I am glad that you remembered though. I do not understand why so much neurological energy is trapped on these pale phantoms while the living cry out their rather evident problems and obvious solutions.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

LOL I am glad that you remembered though. I do not understand why so much neurological energy is trapped on these pale phantoms while the living cry out their rather evident problems and obvious solutions.
    Talking is a way of venting frustration and feeling like you're doing something. It's an illusion though.

Personally I think that if people channelled all that energy into improving their relationships the world would become a better place more quickly than we could imagine.

- Ray Peat

Truth I hope; I abandoned politics in 2013 and am concentrating on my marriage instead. I have a feeling that my living conditions will improve measurably and ripple outward in orbits from me.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    ^ That sounds really bad...
    Not really primal at all if you ask me.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    I do not understand why so much neurological energy is trapped on these pale phantoms while the living cry out their rather evident problems and obvious solutions.
    "Evident"? "Obvious"?

There really aren't "solutions" that won't but heads with someone's sense of justice, iow, ideology.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Because the feeder nations haven't yet spent all of Germany's money once theirs ran out? Seems legit.
    Well, I was referring to the countries who run their own currencies and don't tie themselves to foreign cultures.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Not really primal at all if you ask me.
    Really?! And here I was thinking that Primal was all about dead animals...

(Too much?)

- Ray Peat

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast