Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Has becoming primal/paleo ruined your life? page 17

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I love it when conservatards throw around the term "social engineering," as if it only applies to left-ish beliefs.
    We're all socially-engineered from the time of birth.

For 10's of thousands of years a man could leave his cave/teepee/yert/etc... and walk wherever he pleased, the only impediments being natural (cliff, ocean, river, etc..). Not now. The governments of the world have carved up and fenced off God's green earth for private gain. Yet somehow this isn't "social engineering". It isn't a freakish imposition on our freedoms, but something "natural".

In Marxist philosophy, cultural hegemony describes the domination of a culturally diverse society by the ruling class, who manipulate the culture of the society the beliefs, explanations, perceptions, values, and mores so that their ruling-class Weltanschauung becomes the worldview that is imposed and accepted as the cultural norm; as the universally valid dominant ideology that justifies the social, political, and economic status quo as natural and inevitable, perpetual and beneficial for everyone, rather than as artificial social constructs that benefit only the ruling class.

Funny thing about being brainwashed: only the brainwashed are sure they're not brainwashed. That' how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Because the feeder nations haven't yet spent all of Germany's money once theirs ran out? Seems legit.
    You mean the Germany with strong unions, a strong social safety net, high government spending, etc...? That Germany?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    stupid discussion is stupid. Obviously all existing ideologies are failed ideologies, because all ideologies are in play, and mankind is still losing bad.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    You mean the Germany with strong unions, a strong social safety net, high government spending, etc...? That Germany?
    Yeah, that one. You know, the one that is basically keeping the European Union (and therefore, the Euro) from collapsing under the weight of debt? Without that economy, Italy, Greece, Portugal, et. al, would long ago have collapsed.

I'm not debating the way Germany does their thing; in fact, I admire their prudent approach.
    I am, however, extremely skeptical of countries that do not have that level of financial structure in place, and still resolve to spend money as if they do.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member

In Marxist philosophy, cultural hegemony describes the domination of a culturally diverse society by the ruling class, who manipulate the culture of the society — the beliefs, explanations, perceptions, values, and mores — so that their ruling-class Weltanschauung becomes the worldview that is imposed and accepted as the cultural norm; as the universally valid dominant ideology that justifies the social, political, and economic status quo as natural and inevitable, perpetual and beneficial for everyone, rather than as artificial social constructs that benefit only the ruling class.
    This is why Marx's analysis is still worth reading. Too bad so many have a knee jerk reaction when any reference to him is made.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Oh seriously, political debating is mental masturbation. Politics swings from one extreme to the other - different idealogies, same basic result (war, repression, exploitation). It never changes because people have not learned to get on with each other on the most basic levels. How can we stop going to war with countries at the other side of the world if we can't stand the sight of our families?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oh seriously, political debating is mental masturbation.
    IMO, the real mental masturbation is believing you can live sealed off from politics.

I think for many people here Primal is an extension of their dislike of conformity and mindlessness. Unfortunately within any system of thought you reach invisible lines that the majority don't want to cross. People need safehouses - they need to believe that what they believe in is right. I don't believe that I can experience an objective Truth - I know that everything that resonates with me as truth is subjective. The unfortunate thing is that this can make a person very apathetic...

On a slightly different note, did anyone realise what a looker Stalin was when he was young? I'll follow you Joe!
    tumblr_m0xhn6Y8Iz1rrjpupo1_500.jpg
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

IMO, the real mental masturbation is believing you can live sealed off from politics.
    When did I say I could live sealed off from it?

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    I'm not debating the way Germany does their thing; in fact, I admire their prudent approach.
    I am, however, extremely skeptical of countries that do not have that level of financial structure in place, and still resolve to spend money as if they do.
    Germany got a pretty good ride out of the Euro, which was essentially the Deutsche Mark-plus. Lending the Mark's buying power to under-powered economies gave those economies the ability to buy German products that they couldn't pre-Euro.

As those countries slide, the Germans are quick to move on to exporting machine tools to BRIC countries.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast