Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Kitchen Tools? page 4

Nanci is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I could only have one knife it would be my really nice cleaver.
    I got a couple medium-quality santokus to keep up at my BF's house, and they scare me.

Pig-shaped wooden cutting board, made by my grandfather, for my grandmother. It's older than I am!

Cuisinart Griddler Junior. Essential for grilling indoors- I LOVE it. Perfect. Need to buy a second one to take up to BF's house (850 miles away). I use it several times a week.

Big and small enameled cast iron Dutch/French ovens. I'm lucky- the big one is a Le Creuset. (Piece of advice- just splurge while you're young and enjoy nice things your whole life instead of waiting till you're in your 50's!)

I just got a NICE roaster with a V-shaped rack. LOVE it. Leg of lamb turned out perfect!

I've never had a food processor. We "needed" one to make marinade for chipotle/mango ribs. I'm not convinced I couldn't have lived without it, but it speeds things up!

Wooden cooking tools and chopsticks.

A "real" wok, heavy aluminum, thickly seasoned.

The expensive OXO corkscrew!

Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons.

Charbroil Patio Bistro Electric Grill. Okay- it's outside, but I cook on it all the time when the weather is nice. Propane grills always failed me at the worst times. With electric- plug it in, turn it on- it just works. In conjunction with that- digital remote meat thermometer! I _love_ pork tenderloin on the grill. This grill is tiny, but holds a lot, is easy to clean, works great. I'd rather be outside, kicked back at my water garden with a glass of wine, grilling elk burgers, than indoors cooking. Which reminds me- an enamel vegetable grilling basket!

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    Cast iron skillets - 3
    Cast iron dutch oven
    stick blender
    Vitronoix 12" Chefs Knife w Rosewood handle - softer steel that sharpens well and holds an edge
    Industrial electric diamond blade knife sharpener

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    These lists are great!

I've been on the fence about a mandoline. I was wondering - you know the blade that comes with a food processor that slices veggies? Is that a good replacement for a mandoline, or do those of you who use mandolines find the adjustability of the slices make the mandoline better?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member
    A paint scraper, used for cleaning the cast iron skillet ,really do use it.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I love my range. I grew up with an electric range and was actually scared of my first gas range when I moved to a tiny apartment when I was 20. I was always told how much better gas is for cooking, but never knew how true it was until I used one! Now it is a must-have in any home I live in! I'll never go back to electric!

I use my crockpot at least a couple of times a month during the cool months, and a couple of times during the warm months. I have two but only ever use the small one because it's just two of us in the apartment.

I also have one of these and it is absolutely worth its weight in gold!

My favorite purchases ever are my Kitchenaid Mixer (and ice cream attachment!), Ninja hand-chopper, and Ninja Blender (with a single-serve cup, a large pitcher, and a small pitcher). I use all of these weekly... except for the ice cream attachment. That's reserved for special events.

My next purchase will be attachments for my mixer, like the meat-grinder! I also desperately want a good mandolin.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Oh speaking or ranges....we have a blusstar open burner....OH YEA!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Tongs.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Tongs.
    +1

Plus a wooden spoon, small knife and a big knife. Bought a small food processor the other day which is such a time saver. Veg for the entire day gets done in about 3 minutes. I also have a le creuset casserole pot and a large le creuset frying pan which I absolutely love, managed to get it half price! All I need now is a roasting tray, but the casserole pot works very well.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how I survived in my kitchen without a quality chef's knife. I have a small hand, so I bought a 6inch blade which is more than enough for me. It's Henkle's brand, and it's the best thing I have ever invested in. Seriously, these are some of the best blades on the market. Other than that, I have a particularly flexible off brand spatula. It's the only thing I can flip eggs with. Would die without it. I always try to use a different one, give up and go frantically searching for THAT one before the egg gets too done. Oh, and cast iron skillets. Can't beat em'....
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

nancygof is offline Junior Member
    291 W DARBY CIR,DOVER,DE-19904, United States
    There is a wide range of kitchen tools but some tools without which I can't imagine cooking like knife, mixer, kitchen cabinet cleaner etc.
    I am also a fan of electronic kitchen gadgets.
    Last edited by nancygof; 03-01-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast