Thread: Need recipe for buffalo sauce page

diene is offline Senior Member

Need recipe for buffalo sauce

Primal Fuel
    Heya,

I'm planning on making buffalo dip for Super Bowl, but I'm leery of store-bought sauces. Does anyone have a good buffalo sauce recipe? Thanks!

Edit: I should add that I did look up recipes online, but the ones that I found tell you to use various store-bought hot sauces. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe that doesn't involve any store-bought sauces? Or maybe I'm just crazy and should just use store-bought hot sauce?
    Last edited by diene; 02-02-2013 at 09:15 AM.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I am using Frank's Red Hot and butter for my buffalo sauce

Stratford_Man is offline Junior Member
    Late for the Superbowl, but my wing sauce is a 1/2 cup butter, between a 1/4 and 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot plus a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

TrevorSorensen is offline Junior Member
    Find a hot sauce you like, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup apple cider vinager, and a pinch of cinnamon. It started as one of Mark's recipes, but it was twisted into a jumble of ingredients.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here are two (I haven't tried) that don't require you to use a store bought sauce:

paleo buffalo wings | Fed and Fit (scroll down past many photos)

Paleo Super Bowl Recipes | Paleo Diet Lifestyle

When googling for recipes, try including "paleo" in your search. Sometimes it helps to filter out too many recipes you can't use. Not sure why Frank's is so popular. Even the Original includes "natural flavor" which can be anything. Their wing sauce contains "natural butter type flavor" and canola oil.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.