Thread: Too Much Magnesium? page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Question Too Much Magnesium?

Shop Now
    I've found that 1200mg / day Magnesium cures my constipation. Is that too much for good health? Does it need to be balanced with Calcium, or perhaps something else?

This seems pretty heavy handed.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    How much calcium rich foods do you eat? That amount of magnesium seems fine, because excitatory calcium with magnesium, the calcium could be a problem. The calcium has to move somewhere, ideally in the bones. If something is wrong with calcium metabolism(magnesium, vitamins a, d, k) it can lead to problems.

I usually get a lot of magnesium through oxide, epsom baths, coffee, chocolate, and only drink 1-2 quarts of milk a day.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    How much calcium rich foods do you eat? That amount of magnesium seems fine, because excitatory calcium with magnesium, the calcium could be a problem. The calcium has to move somewhere, ideally in the bones. If something is wrong with calcium metabolism(magnesium, vitamins a, d, k) it can lead to problems.

I usually get a lot of magnesium through oxide, epsom baths, coffee, chocolate, and only drink 1-2 quarts of milk a day.
    Where can I find out about calcium metabolism(magnesium, vitamins a, d, k)?