Thread: My primal epiphanies of the decade!!! page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

My primal epiphanies of the decade!!!

Here are some of my thoughts:

I was just pondering on the thought. Did Grok have to worry about this food vs that food? Of course not. Instead, he had to worry about if he was going to have enough to live or not. That's it. If all was available was oranges that day, that's all he would get. If he got a buffalo or a bird, that's what he would get. If he didn't find any berries or get a kill, he'd go without food for the day.

Now truthfully Grok had to know the difference between actual food and plants that would kill him. And I am sure he was better at knowing about identifying that stuff than we are today.

My point of that thought is, maybe people shouldn't worry so much about "this food vs that food". Keep it primal and eat what ever you want of it.

Aside from that, I really can think of only one main difference between Grok's diet and a modern man's copy of it. Grok probably fasted for days or more only if he had to. But modern man has to force it, if he wants to drop the fat.

My other thoughts are concerning diet in it's relation to physical fitness and physical performance. Survival is the name of the game. Grok had to find food and eat it so that he wouldn't die, and that was the only purpose of it. If Grok was hunting, could he use the fact that he didn't eat in 2 days as an excuse not to perform his best? If Grok was getting chased by a wild animal that wanted to hurt him or possibly eat him and had to run for safety, could he make the same excuse for that? The answer is a flat out NO!!! And in fact, in all cases the answer would be the complete opposite. Instead, it would give all the excuse and more to perform at his best so that he could manage to keep on living instead of dying.

To sum up my thoughts on that one, I am convinced by now that diet and athletic performance should be thought to be mutually exclusive entities. When it comes to athletic performance the only thing that you should be thinking of is the power of the mind and how it can push your body to do the best you can, not food in any shape or form. Food on the other hand should only be consumed as necessary for the purpose of living (hopefully you can enjoy that too). And aside from that I'll repeat that modern man might be required to force a fast from time to time (to lose extra fat) because he has infinite food available as opposed to the life that Grok used to live.

To sum up my whole post, at this point I'm done listening to any modern dietary advice. Completely. It could only do me harm and not any good. It would only serve to make me more confused, make me fatter, and discourage me from doing the best that I can in the gym and give me all the excuses in the world for performing less than that. I've had enough. I'm done.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you, anecdotes x 7 billion are stronger than bad science. Will I keep what I've learned? Yes! Is worry worse that bad pizza twice a year? Very yes.

Sounds like you've made the distinction between health vs. fitness. A good perspectuve to keep! I'm on board with that too, even though - and it's true - food did give me the abs I was always looking for. But that's just vanity, not health or fitness!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now truthfully Grok had to know the difference between actual food and plants that would kill him. And I am sure he was better at knowing about identifying that stuff than we are today.
    I'm thinking that Grok probably had some trial and error in this process and that a few Groks gave their lives to find out that this berry (for eg.) wasn't quite the same as the berry that looked a lot like it a few months ago.

However, I agree with you on listening to experts. I only have to look to a few weeks ago. Stomach in a knot for days; not quite pain, but almost. Finally in desperation, I crawled to the back of the lower cabinet where I keep pasta (out of sight, etc.) and made a small portion with some parmesan cheese. Pain gone. Adaptation from my Sicilian ancestors? Don't know. And it doesn't mean I'll be eating pasta or bread on a daily basis. What it means is that I'm back to moderation. I know what I was doing when I was in the best shape of my post 35 year old life, and I've gone back to that without the food additives. Oh and no corn, but that's as much for my political beliefs as it is for my health.

Anyway, good post!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.