Thread: Getting married in July...primal weight loss page

bchanel is offline Member

Getting married in July...primal weight loss

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! I guess this question is more for the ladies...I am recently engaged and am getting married in July! I am wanting to drop a few pounds...does anyone have advice or experience losing weight for a wedding amid all of the celebrations? Thanks!
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. -Mae West

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    First off, congratulations!

He loves you as you are enough that he wants to spend the rest of his life with you. I would advocate starting to eat primally for the health aspect of it, but you're going to have enough stress on your plate with the wedding and all the preparations that go with it that freaking out because you aren't losing a ton of weight on a primal diet probably won't be worth it.

I say enjoy the experience, eat primally as much as you can, but don't get wound up over it when you can't. Getting married is a wonderful thing, but it's supposed to be about the joy of committing yourself, body and soul, to the person you love...not looking shit-hot in the photos.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Lemontwisst. Primal is not a quick weight loss program. We tell people to ditch the scale. Many people do lose fat quickly. Not guaranteed though.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yep I agree with the above posters, if you have come for a quick weight loss fix, this is not the place

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    ...however... I successfully dropped 10kg in only a few months following strict primal. While I wish I stayed primal I didn't, and have put almost half that back on over 5-6 months. Im now back on since NY and down another 3kg. Yes, its a yoyo but I discovered that it is what made me feel great and get healthier. I'd suggest give it a try, if you love it, keep at it. If not you may let yourself go again - its all up to you.
    I'll be back

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My opinion? Don't worry about your weight and enjoy the process and have fun.