Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Scarcity and Contempt page 3

  1. #21
    Mr.Perfidy's Avatar
    Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,523
    but how I feel about these kids is not that feeling. There's more like, crushing shame attached to my memory of their faces, but mingled with sour hatred and rejection. Weird stuff.

    I'm a peripheral anarcho-capitalist, which is to say, I think that no one is right who tries to make me do anything with force. I disagree and argue often on free-market/an-cap forums with fellow anarchists because they are essentially pretending, wannabe rich masturbators who imagine that the pursuit of wealth is some great and noble calling, ignoring the fact that wealth as it exists is rooted in monopolist legacies of sword-murdering land-hoarder aristocracies and their profiteer merchant collaborators. I have a very negative idea of pursuit of wealth and of being wealthy, and attribute it to my experience with this memory of these kids.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

  2. #22
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    There are types of people that are spiteful, glib, smug, self-satisfied little smirking bitches- when I watch them in groups I see how they just poison and menace and terrify and diminish everyone around them
    Eek. Luckily I don't meet people like that very often.

    But I was referring to the feelings that you experienced as a child towards the emaciated kids? My pal doesn't have a sense of exaggerated value and humanity - it's completely genuine. What unsettles me is his energetic need.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 02-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  3. #23
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post

    I'm a peripheral anarcho-capitalist, which is to say, I think that no one is right who tries to make me do anything with force. I disagree and argue often on free-market/an-cap forums with fellow anarchists because they are essentially pretending, wannabe rich masturbators who imagine that the pursuit of wealth is some great and noble calling, ignoring the fact that wealth as it exists is rooted in monopolist legacies of sword-murdering land-hoarder aristocracies and their profiteer merchant collaborators. I have a very negative idea of pursuit of wealth and of being wealthy, and attribute it to my experience with this memory of these kids.
    Interesting that you've oscillated to the other extreme. There's nothing inherently wrong with money, but some people can't handle it - it becomes a drug to them.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #24
    Mr.Perfidy's Avatar
    Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,523
    But there is in fact something inherently wrong with money; it's just made up. A few families who cartelized the right to print and lend it just arbitrarily assign it to the most contemptible caste of mankind ever in history (bureacratic government classes). Therefore, the pursuit of wealth must only ever mean the pursuit of the approval of the monopolist money cartel. Therefore money is in fact nothing more than a representation of investment in the aggression of the financier agenda.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

  5. #25
    Mr.Perfidy's Avatar
    Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,523
    But I was referring to the feelings that you experienced as a child towards the emaciated kids? My pal doesn't have a sense of exaggerated value and humanity - it's completely genuine. What unsettles me is his energetic need.
    I am not saying that you friend has this sense, but rather that you are attributing feelings of anger or discomfort or whatever to the perception of exaggerated humanity and value, whereas I experience "irrational" (instinctual and entirely logically built on non-verbal cues) discomfort and anger when I percieve the attributes that I described.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

  6. #26
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    But there is in fact something inherently wrong with money; it's just made up. A few families who cartelized the right to print and lend it just arbitrarily assign it to the most contemptible caste of mankind ever in history (bureacratic government classes). Therefore, the pursuit of wealth must only ever mean the pursuit of the approval of the monopolist money cartel. Therefore money is in fact nothing more than a representation of investment in the aggression of the financier agenda.
    Of course money is made up - like every tier of our society, and every aspect of social order. I'm gathering that you're a Libertarian?

    Money is simply an entity that allows us to allocate a set value to items so that we can trade in a wider network than a bartering system permits.

    Blaming money for greed is like blaming ice cream for making us fat.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #27
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I am not saying that you friend has this sense, but rather that you are attributing feelings of anger or discomfort or whatever to the perception of exaggerated humanity and value, whereas I experience "irrational" (instinctual and entirely logically built on non-verbal cues) discomfort and anger when I percieve the attributes that I described.
    You might be missing what I'm saying. You were initially talking about a deep, inexplicable feeling that you thought could be archetypal (primitive). I think that feeling could have been your sensing something from those kids that goes beyond rational thought and is more about subtle energy.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  8. #28
    Mr.Perfidy's Avatar
    Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,523
    Money is simply an entity that allows us to allocate a set value to items so that we can trade in a wider network than a bartering system permits.
    nah. Before the Federal Reserve Act this was so in America, but now that centralized banks lend artifically created money to governments (that have no right to borrow on anyone's behalf and use guns to collect interest on the debt and use their population and its labor potential as collateral), money is literally evil. It represents the coercive power of the aggression of a specific inbred class that maintains its power through intrigue and warfare, and is awarded to those who successfully maintain the power of this class as a signal to the threatened classes that they have acquired some of the violent power of the finance pederast dynastics.

    A dollar is just a ticket that says, "you owe your masters $1.15 nigger- get to work." It is therefore inherently immoral and degrading to the human condition.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

  9. #29
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    nah. Before the Federal Reserve Act this was so in America, but now that centralized banks lend artifically created money to governments (that have no right to borrow on anyone's behalf and use guns to collect interest on the debt and use their population and its labor potential as collateral), money is literally evil. It represents the coercive power of the aggression of a specific inbred class that maintains its power through intrigue and warfare, and is awarded to those who successfully maintain the power of this class as a signal to the threatened classes that they have acquired some of the violent power of the finance pederast dynastics.

    A dollar is just a ticket that says, "you owe your masters $1.15 nigger- get to work." It is therefore inherently immoral and degrading to the human condition.
    I get your point, but I don't agree. Money is not the evil thing - it's a tool that is used in detrimental ways. It's like saying "That machete kills people - beware the evil axe!" It's the person holding the machete that does the killing. Or a better example maybe is a nuclear weapon - it's made of components that could be used for good, but they have been harnessed in a way that is massively destructive. Still though, the weapon is not evil. Someone pushes the button.

    I have issues with the word "evil" anyway.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  10. #30
    Mr.Perfidy's Avatar
    Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,523
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that analogy only works if the machete was forged in the fires of Mt Doom out of the ashes of petroleum drowned arab children. In which case, yes, it is not possible that it can do good, because it is going to go from Sauron's hand to the armory of his favored servants to the lieutenants of these minions to the scum mercenaries burning villages to the vengeful fist of victim classes.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •