Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scarcity and Contempt page 2

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    they were taking my roast beef!

and I believe that it is innate and related perhaps to the hardness necessary to practice infanticide and tribal eugenics, and probably also necessary to wage tribal war- it's not like I had many experiences with near-starved looking people by that age- it had to come from the basement, and not from my culture. It wasn't my environment, because my mom was trying to help them and was kind to them, and my brothers are all younger than me and followed my cues, or were too young at the time to have noticeably felt one way or another.
    if it were innate..... fewer of us would be here.

do you still hate on sight emaciated individuals?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    no but I am not a helpless and dependent child anymore, so the intricacy of my unconscious value judgments and human assessments are not aligned with someone scared to be left out of the feeding circle, and are more concerned with man things. Since then I have gotten hair all over my body and grew to formidable size and have fought men with my hands and feet and have had sex with women and have taken a mate, so, my wiring is different. Now I'm sure that I would feel pity and protective impulses, probably because such a child is a rather cheap investment to make grateful and a life-long contributor once fed.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Why do you think there would be less of us if we killed in fits of hatred the weak and scrawny? More food for the large and mean.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    You maybe/probably felt guilty. You probably felt guilty about having what they didn't have, and instead of understanding that it's "okay" to have these feelings, your little kid mind got defensive instead. Defensive, entitled and angry, instead of dealing with the guilty. Adults do this shit all the time, especially when it comes to the topic of the homeless.

I still feel guilty, definitely. Like I said, I think it's the origin of my hatred of wealth. So you think that guilt is a force that would so intensely impress something upon my young brain?

Interesting...How do people treat the topic of the homeless? On internet forums I read mostly canned narrative Left or Right or worthless platitudes...in real life, most of the people I know are not mainstream and have been or are friends with homeless and homeless types, so, that's not a good way to set the standard.

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member

Out grow it ?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I think kids can be naturally unkind. I mean, Lord of the Flies unkind. It sounds like in this instance, that was you. I assume you outgrew that.
    Serious, He is here to practice his writing skills or is a forum jumper- no mr.Perfidy did not out grow it, give me a break,

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I still feel guilty, definitely. Like I said, I think it's the origin of my hatred of wealth. So you think that guilt is a force that would so intensely impress something upon my young brain?

Interesting...How do people treat the topic of the homeless? On internet forums I read mostly canned narrative Left or Right or worthless platitudes...in real life, most of the people I know are not mainstream and have been or are friends with homeless and homeless types, so, that's not a good way to set the standard.
    Lol! Well, I work right next door to the largest homeless shelter in my city, so I witness a range of reactions. The prevailing reaction, among my middle-class co-workers (I am, at best, lowest middle class), generally seem to physically avoid the homeless and complain about having to avoid the dirty street-people when they go outside, cussing them on the street, but when we're inside, they talk about how sad and unfortunate those people are and how much they do to help them (the liberals say this). The conservatives just cuss the homeless on the street and in the office.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Kids hate all sort of things and people for no good reason. You didn't do anything back then to sabotage them, just chalk it up to childhood irrationality and stop worrying about it. I once tried to drown my baby sister if it made you feel any better, so did some of my friends with their siblings, apparently. Children are evil little bastards.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I think I know the feeling that you're talking about. It's like a blend of disgust and irritation, directed at someone who the sight of just makes your blood boil, for no apparent reason? This is terrible, but I have that with one of my best mates. He's the most amazing guy, but if I spent too much time with him he drives me bananas, and it's because he's too subservient. He's too good, too nice, and eventually it puts me in a state of dis-ease because by comparison I feel hard and cruel (and seriously, if you knew me in person, I'm not like that at all).

Some people who are very vulnerable are very needy and if you're sensitive you feel that need more than emotionally or intellectually. You feel it almost like an energy, and it's draining. I can give and give and give to some people, but not to others, and it's not based on who they are, it's based on what I feel when I'm around them.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

There are definitely individuals that I hate with a sour disgust on sight of them- eye contact with them is unsettling and the sound of their voice is always enraging. It is not motivated by what you are talking about though, some kind of exaggerated value and humanity or something- it's the opposite. There are types of people that are spiteful, glib, smug, self-satisfied little smirking bitches- when I watch them in groups I see how they just poison and menace and terrify and diminish everyone around them, but when I present my objections to such people to these groups they affect, they always act like I am insane, ignorant, mean, dumb, and arbitrary, like how could I possibly not love that guy?! I just attribute it to instinctual tribal personality hygiene; in a free environment where I was not thrice-surveilled, I would find ways to lead such people into the wildnerness and forget them there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast