Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-lifting nutrition for body recomp page 2

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by powk View Post
    Wanderlust - I'm with you in spirit. However, I want to take advantage of the 30-minute post-workout window for taking in protein. Between stretching and walking home, I'm already 20 minutes post-workout, at least. I can't prep and eat [insert any protein] nearly fast enough - definitely not as fast as a shake drank at the gym or immediately after getting home. Any recommendations to get around this?
    Just precook a chicken breast or bring some leftover steak slices from dinner or buy some sliced turkey or roast beef or chicken from the deli at your local grocer and bring in ziplock bag for a quick post-workout snack. A few of the military guys at my gym do this.

Also, there's the guy at my gym who has some kefir that he always has on hand for post-workout protein and that's it. And he holds a few of the gym records on several lifts. So while protein powder can have its place, it's not necessary, and these guys prove it.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I thought that whole thing about 'protein within 30mins of workout blah blah' was bro science at its best. I think it is anyway and no rat study will convince me otherwise.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    I thought that whole thing about 'protein within 30mins of workout blah blah' was bro science at its best. I think it is anyway and no rat study will convince me otherwise.
    I'm kinda with you on that one. Just eat healthy and get enough protein and calories and you will see gains. Don't worry too much about timing. That's just an added stress.

I also wonder if the op has read this: Post Workout Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

And this: How Fasting Improves Workout Recovery | Mark's Daily Apple

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12