Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Grok - FroYo and Muffins? page

GuitarGirl is offline Junior Member

Question Newbie Grok - FroYo and Muffins?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, all.

So I'm pretty new to this primal lifestyle and still not sure what to eat. Today I bought Udi's gluten-free blueberry muffins (Blueberry Muffins | Udi) and had a froken Greek yogurt bar (from Yasso - Products - YassoŽ Frozen Greek Yogurt) for breakfast. Lots of my coworkers made fun of me for eating "ice cream" for breakfast. But I thought it was healthy. I also had a Larabar.

Is this primal?

Any tips on what to buy/eat for a NYC girl with a major sweet tooth?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Short answer - no.

Question - have you bought, borrowed, or stolen the Primal Blueprint book and read it all the way through yet?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGirl View Post
    Hi, all.

So I'm pretty new to this primal lifestyle and still not sure what to eat. Today I bought Udi's gluten-free blueberry muffins (Blueberry Muffins | Udi) and had a froken Greek yogurt bar (from Yasso - Products - YassoŽ Frozen Greek Yogurt) for breakfast. Lots of my coworkers made fun of me for eating "ice cream" for breakfast. But I thought it was healthy. I also had a Larabar.

Is this primal?

Any tips on what to buy/eat for a NYC girl with a major sweet tooth?
    That's the opposite of Primal. Try eating some real food. The sweet tooth will go away.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Paleo Meal Ideas

I've been going pin crazy...lots of ideas

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    One suggestion: for at least your first 30 days, try to avoid anything "primalized" like muffins, pizza crust, etc. After you've adjusted you can add those things in gradually, but I think they make it harder to really learn how your body feels and they screw with your tastebuds a bit, too.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Oh and...Pamela's gluten-free pancake mix.

Delicious! I make breads, muffins, pancakes, dumplings...it's got things like almond flour, buttermilk, rice flour, yuca flour...yum!

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    *facepalm*

No none of those things are primarl. Faux baking is not really primal either and definitely not something I'd suggest to anyone newly acclimating.

The point of primal is not to go out and buy pre-made gluten free frankenfood crap that costs more than it's worth and is full of chemicals.

Eat eggs, eat meat, eat some veggies if you want. Eat full fat greek yogurt with fresh fruit for breakfast if that what you've a yen for. Eat almonds or walnuts, eat bacon and melon.

Stock up on a variety of spices.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    *facepalm*

No none of those things are primarl. Faux baking is not really primal either and definitely not something I'd suggest to anyone newly acclimating.

The point of primal is not to go out and buy pre-made gluten free frankenfood crap that costs more than it's worth and is full of chemicals.

Eat eggs, eat meat, eat some veggies if you want. Eat full fat greek yogurt with fresh fruit for breakfast if that what you've a yen for. Eat almonds or walnuts, eat bacon and melon.

Stock up on a variety of spices.
    Oh gosh here we go.....blaaa blaaaa

The baking mix is a personal recommendation I thought you may like. Yes not totally primal I guess, but we enjoy it from time to time.

I think suggesting someione to start with only meat, egg, nuts and yogurt would be a disaster...lol! Lets keep it real.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I think suggesting someione to start with only meat, egg, nuts and yogurt would be a disaster...lol! Lets keep it real.
    You are arguing against yourself. Meats, eggs, vegetables, and fruits are real. Gluten-free baked goods are not. Let's keep it real indeed.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You are arguing against yourself. Meats, eggs, vegetables, and fruits are real. Gluten-free baked goods are not. Let's keep it real indeed.
    Umm duh I know they are real! Hello...they make up 95% of my diet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast