Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Grok - FroYo and Muffins? page 3

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    No. Gluten-free does not necessarily mean primal. You're putting as much processed food in your body as you would on a typical diet eating that crap. Eat some meat and vegetables.
    boom

Genie is offline Junior Member
    Y'all certainly seem to spend a lot of time tearing each other apart for people who are supposedly living the same lifestyles. Not everyone does things the same way you do - and that's true no matter who reads it. That doesn't mean they're wrong and it really makes you sound like a jackass when you adopt a holier-than-thou attitude about someone else's personal preferences. The original question was 'are these foods considered primal?' the answer is no, they aren't. Other member offering tips as to what might be closer to primal and still satisfy her sweet tooth until she can wean herself down further doesn't make the other members any less primal. It's a stepping stone, cuz not everyone can just jump right in.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    There's jumping in, then there's taking a 5 mile shortcut.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Genie is offline Junior Member
    From where she seems to be starting, even the 5 mile shortcut would be an improvement. Isn't that the point? To at least make progress in the right direction?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OP- I used to have what I called a sweet jaw. Forget a tooth, it was a whole jaw. What helped me was finding the richest, freshest, best-grown foods and indulging in them. I went from whole milk and honey in my tea to just heavy cream and it was an improvement. Garden-grown veggies (farmers markets, CSAs, friends with gardens) don't need dressing up. They are nothing like what you get from the store. Grass-fed meats are more flavorful, as are free-range eggs. That turned it from "avoiding sweets" to "indulging in" other things.

(Also, reading the book or Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple should help clarify what's PB and what isn't.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123