Thread: Nervous beginner! page

dsp98 is offline Junior Member

Nervous beginner!

Primal Fuel
    The PB book came to me at the perfect time. I am starting the last leg of p90x this week and have been doing extra spinning classes on top of it. For a few months I was at the gym 10 hours/week. I kind of hit the wall recently and have felt...old!! My joints were hurting from high impact classes etc. and I was feeling exhausted all the time. And for the first time in 6 years of loving 5 days a week I was dreading working out in the morning!

The things that excite me about PB are cutting back a little on exercise instead of being a slave to my HR monitor (requiring myself to burn at least 500 cals/day) and FINALLY listening to my body about eating rather than being on a schedule and eating what I'd logged the night before to fit exactly into the 1600 calorie limit that I had set. Unfortunately, these are also the things that terrify me. I have total control issues with food/fitness and I'm afraid to let go a little bit and trust my body. On the other hand, what I've been doing for YEARS isn't working. Being a "cardio queen" and eating lots of whole grains etc. hasn't helped so I'm hoping this is the answer.

Is it really possible for me to cut back a little on the intense exercise and just enjoy walking my dog for an hour/day and doing weights 2-3x/week and listen to my body to tell me what/when to eat?

I'm 36 and at 5'6 155 lbs. I'd love to lose 10 lbs. and tighten up. I'd love any suggestions that worked for any of you!!

Thanks,

DSP

batty is offline Senior Member
    it's tough to make that transition - the CW sticks in your head like a fungus, and it will take a while to shed that. don't sweat it. refer to the PB 101 link a lot and trust your gut. literally it does work as long as you follow. eat. enjoy your food. go outside and play.

funny, you seem to be my body stunt double. we're close in age and measurements. also a P90X graduate!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

johnny vassa is offline Junior Member
    Hi DSP,

I can guarantee you that just giving up the processed carbs and instead do functional fitness exercises like kettlebells and/or clubbells, bodyweight exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups and get out in the sun and play a bit will have you far healthier than going to any CW gym. I am also 5' 6" and went from 158 lbs to 140 lbs just by eliminating processed carbs and minimal exercise.

Cheers,

Johnny Vassa