Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No Sugar February page

Tee
    Tee is online now Senior Member

No Sugar February

Shop Now
    For the past few months I've been consuming way to much sugar, candy, pastries, ice cream, etc.
    Obviously I need to stop so I thought I'd start a journal to help end this madness. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

February 1st;
    Goal; no sugar from crappy foods.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    For the past few months I've been consuming way to much sugar, candy, pastries, ice cream, etc.
    Obviously I need to stop so I thought I'd start a journal to help end this madness. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

February 1st;
    Goal; no sugar from crappy foods.
    Check out the Shangra-La thread of discussions. We are taking 1-2 Tbsp's of oil per day and since starting, I haven't had cravings for anything...no sugar, treats, alcohol...nothing. It's amazing. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Tee
    Thanks I'll give it a try.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, Tee! Will you still be eating fruit? If so, a coconut milk, blueberry smoothie is a nice treat.

Tee
    Day 2; made it throw a day without any sweets. Did have ten grapes and a couple of raisins. I had some in the refer and rather than throwing them out I consumed them. I plan on limiting fruit intake to raspberries and blueberries two or three times per week.
    Gave up soda and fruit juices January 21. Been drinking just water, coffee and tea.
    Thanks Rasputina, I'll give your smoothie a try.
    Any recommendations on coconut milk? I usually shop at Whole Foods, or Trader Joe's.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I prefer the WF store brand coconut milk in a can. I was in Walmart the other day and bought six cans of Golden Star, a fave on this forum, but it's incredibly thick, more like cream. Mixing it doesn't seem to help. So, there's those. They cost about the same in my area. (crotch of the Bible Belt.)

And good luck kicking the sugar! You're going to feel great!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Tee
    Day 3; made it through day 2 without any sweets. Been doing the tablespoon of coconut oil or extra light olive oil twice a day. Seems to be holding off cravings. Also just received the book, Perfect Health Diet. Plan on reading and following it for a bit.
    Enjoy the day.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    The tablespoon of oil can be taken at any time? or when you have the actual craving?
    Thanks!

Tee
    From what I have read it is to be taken in the morning and mid-afternoon. I have my first meal around noon and supper around six.

Tee
    Day 4; made it through day 3 will out any sweets, no alcohol either. Not bad for Super Bowl Sunday.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast