Page 99 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 99

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I usually eat one at lunch with eggs and mayo (if the avocado isn't ripe enough to mash with the eggs). If you hard boil the eggs you can easily just use the yolks which increases the fat %. You should check out the lists from the links in the recipe group, some good easy ideas in them.
    Most of them have dairy. I am not sure at this point if I can handle coconut milk either. It has always seemed to upset my stomach just as much. I think it's better when I cook with it, rather than have a drink made from it, but I will have to do some experimenting.

I'm surprised nobody has posted curry recipes! With the right veggies, a coconut milk curry would have a good amount of fat, not many carbs, and only as much protein as you want.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Ahoy Neighbor- Jen!

I am in the southeast section. An hour south of Iowa City. I used to live in Iowa city, actually. So are you around the QC then?

I saw several days ago that you were from Iowa. I thought about messaging you, but I didn't want to be the weird new kid Hahaha
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has posted curry recipes! With the right veggies, a coconut milk curry would have a good amount of fat, not many carbs, and only as much protein as you want.
    I am now pondering this myself, NW... where are all the curry recipes everyone talks about??

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Ahoy Neighbor- Jen!

I am in the southeast section. An hour south of Iowa City. I used to live in Iowa city, actually. So are you around the QC then?

I saw several days ago that you were from Iowa. I thought about messaging you, but I didn't want to be the weird new kid Hahaha
    I sent you a message, Glad.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Curry to me is Thai-style.

Requirements
    -curry paste (can be bought at most grocery stores, not sure what's in them exactly, but you only need at most 1 tbsp per batch)
    -fish sauce (see above)
    -oil/fat of choice
    -coconut milk (full fat)
    -protein of choice
    -veggies of choice! (snow/snap peas, green beans, onion, carrots, those mini-corn bits, not sure what those are technically, mushrooms, cauliflower...)

When I made it, I used a pot, though a wok is traditional. I heated the coconut milk on high heat until it was boiling, added the fish sauce, curry paste, S&P, then lowered the heat to medium & tossed in the veggies & protein! You could sautée the veg separately, they would end up softer, but I like them to stay a little crunchy. Cook until done! Could serve in a bowl or over cauliflower rice. Ghee would add a nice flavor to the rice/curry.

You could also make it Indian-style with curry powder instead. I prefer the sweeter taste of Thai-style. BTW, I call it Thai-style because that's how my Thai friend made it, but I don't know if that's "traditional" or anything . Tahini (sesame seed paste) is used sometimes too, but I don't know what it does for the flavor.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Julie, we're you over on Charles zero carb forum? I was over there in 2009.
    Lee
    Yes I was, I think around the same time you were - not sure - then when
    Chuckles went batshit crazy I headed back to Active Low Carber until
    Satya started the Dirty Carnivore site with SANE PEOPLE.

Much, much better.

Julie (there I was Julia, as I go by both names)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It appears I need to do down another band size in my bra (as if a 30DD wasn't hard enough to find), tailor half my pants to accommodate a smaller waist and hips (including taking up the hems), and take in some of my t shirts. I also noticed my dandruff is gone, and I no longer hafta moisturize my face or body.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm noticing changes in body comp from all sides. My stomach is way flatter. I haven't really dropped any sizes per se, but I have noticed clothes getting baggier. I'm trying to not get any new clothes until my birthday next month. I'm hoping I'll be down a size by then, but at this point, I highly doubt it. The only piece of clothing I can see any difference in are my undergarments. They're getting bigger.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Yay on clothes getting loser! How exciting.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It appears I need to do down another band size in my bra (as if a 30DD wasn't hard enough to find), tailor half my pants to accommodate a smaller waist and hips (including taking up the hems), and take in some of my t shirts. I also noticed my dandruff is gone, and I no longer hafta moisturize my face or body.
    Wow, that's too bad.

I bet you're curled up in a corner, naked, bawling your eyes out over these recent events, aren't you?

HA!

I put a pair of pants on today that I normally don't wear because they were too damn small
    and would cut me in half, but all my favorite fat pants were dirty, so I did, and they slipped
    on effortlessly - I mean, SO easily that I thought I had my husband's pants.

I had to whip them right down to look at the tag. Nope, these are my pants.

So I walked to school and back and now they're baggy as all get out.

I'm so pleased I MAY just weep.

Hey Georgette! THAT is what happened to me first too!

My granny panties were getting so big in the butt, that they
    would sag down and hit the back of my legs IN my jeans, and
    I was all "WTF IS that? Did I tuck a long shirt in? Is the elastic
    out on my underwear?"

Nope, my ass was smaller.

HOOOOOO-RAAAAAAAY!

Julie

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK folks.... TMI!!!!! Geesh! Congrats on the baggy drawers etc.... but there are some things a guy just wanna vizualize! dagnabit now I need brain bleach! wait.... thats DON'T wanna vizualize...... now I'm all flustered.....

Congrats on the losses, and the looses! Good job!