Page 98 of 282 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 98

mks8500 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Megan, from looking at your food diary, I would suggest that you could try to limit your protein at each meal to 25g. On a typical day, when I am not in this current experiment, I aim for twice as many grams of fat as protein, at every meal. So that, from your diary yesterday, I would eat either the eggs, or the bacon, or the sausage at breakfast, have a different one at lunch, and the last one at dinner. I find I do best if everything is about evenly split, I hate getting to dinner and all I have left to eat is fat! My normal macros average about 79%f/14%p/6%c. On the other hand you might should check Pebbles or athomeontherange's diaries as they are being quite successful right now.

also, I have seen that the ketosis blood values are lowest in the morning, so the good news is yours can only get better throughout the day right?
    I agree with everything you mentioned. Sundays are odd for me because I don't eat breakfast until after I swim my laps...I eat at 11ish and then again for dinner so I was trying to get a lot in. :-) But you're right.

As far as the morning testing..I've heard afternoons can produce higher results but my mornings are more organized. So, my feeling is if I test in ketosis in the morning, I'll be in it all day. :-)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post

As far as the morning testing..I've heard afternoons can produce higher results but my mornings are more organized. So, my feeling is if I test in ketosis in the morning, I'll be in it all day. :-)
    yep, this is what I was trying to say

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with your experiment demuralist. I think I must have hit 90% fat the day I made those coconut, oil, raw cacao treats. A great way to get the fat in if you don't need sweets. Although, if you do a little stevia would work.

Welcome Primalmeatcat. I'll be interested to see how you do gaining muscle eating high fat.

My weight started creeping down this am again. And I got my period today, 6 days late, so that could account for the slight uptick I saw over the weekend. Kind of bummed about the period but onward and upward, start of a new day, and all that rubbish. I imagine my weight will continue to creep down now that I got my period.

All this talk of ketone meters has me scouring the web for a blood glucose/ketone meter since if I am going to measure one I will be curious about the other. LOL.

Have a good day everyone.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Ok, couldn't help it. Got on the scale. Reflecting 5lb-6lb loss since thursday depending on which scale I was on. Yes. I have two. dearest sister was supposed to take them both with her, but she forgot. So, my compulsive nature took over and I weighed on both. I need to stop watching the scale so closely, but it did make me feel better.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    calee, I am on MFP and I weigh and track everything. Are you on there?
    Hi Demuralist

have just joined MFP & sent you a msg (not really sure what I'm doing) as I would be really interested to see your 90% menus as well

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    That has been my problem since starting EMF - only once in 7 days (sorry if TMI) I know there will be less but surely this isn't right.
    I only go about once a week as well. But, it has been dwindling from a daily activity to what it is now steadily since I started Primal in March. I figured it was b/c I have less bulk in my diet and more useful food sources, so there is less waste to expell. I'm not all that worried about it, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Georgette, I am noticing less chin hairs too! And the ones I have seem to be growing slower.
    I have one that has been growing for a while now. I used to pluck it once a week. Now I'm down to once every 2 weeks or so. There was a time when it was gone for an entire month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post

Re hairs, I believe one byproduct of ketosis is loss of hair so maybe this is the case here.
    My overall hair loss has decreased significantly! I used to have to brush before showers, collect the hair as I was showering and throw it away when I was done or risk having to Drano and plunge the tub every couple of weeks. Now I don't lose ANY hair while showering and don't have the need to brush first. I love it! No more shedding!!

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    But instead of just taking a certain amount at bed time or in the middle of the day, try
    taking it three times a day. Like 400mg when you wake up, 400mg at lunch time and then
    400mg when you go to bed.

ALWAYS with a big ass glass of water.

If that doesn't start something in the right direction, I will throw myself to the wolves
    on your account. Promise.

I used to have to do that (the magnesium, not the wolves) and now I'm just down to 400mg
    at bed time.

Julie
    Good idea. I'll try this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ok..i have been feeling so good and thinner i could not wait to weigh in in until thursday, In 3 weeks I am down 15 pounds!!!! I am on my kindle and will be back tomorrow!!! Whooop!!!!
    Congratulations! That's awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I have been trying to keep my macros in the 70-25-5 f-p-c range. Well... It's been interesting. Can't quite get there. One day fat is 80% next day it's only 65%. Carbs have never gone over 5% until today. I had an asian pear and it had 13 g of carbs in it. Dang! It put me closer to 10%. Whatever.

I did find some ketosticks today and I came in at the second highest color. Woo hoo. From my understanding no matter what- ketosis= fat loss . . . uh right?
    Welcome!

It is possible that I am letting go of fat and don't realize it, but I figure 3 days of this can't hurt right?
    I'll be keeping track of your experiment too.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMeatCat View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am returning to a strict Primal lifestyle since falling off the wagon quite a while ago (Chick-Fil-A is NOT primal!). I am interested in EMF not for weight loss, but for management of some hormone problems and a subclinical hypoglycemia problem I have that plagues me with bouts of tiredness throughout the day.
    I am also researching ways to gain strength/lean body mass while in ketosis. Because of the problem with low hormones, I have never been able to make any significant gains, except fat gains on a junk-food diet. I am currently at 130lbs with 12% body fat. 5'8" male. It will be interesting to see what I can do eating all this fat.
    Welcome. It'll be interesting to watch your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Ok, couldn't help it. Got on the scale. Reflecting 5lb-6lb loss since thursday depending on which scale I was on. Yes. I have two. dearest sister was supposed to take them both with her, but she forgot. So, my compulsive nature took over and I weighed on both. I need to stop watching the scale so closely, but it did make me feel better.
    Welcome fellow, Iowan! Where abouts you located? East, Central, West, North, South, etc? I'm on the east "coast" of Iowa, right smack in the middle.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Monday all (if there is such a thing).

I found a new Primal Low today. 183 on the ol' scales! I am 1 lb, one measily stinking pound, away from my first major goal. I'm so shocked that I don't know what to think. Not even sure how to celebrate it when I do reach 182... why is that my goal? It's my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm already wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans, but haven't yet reached the weight. I'm going to have to contemplate this one for a while... Maybe NEW JEANS!

I have been monitoring my progress in the mirror and have found things are shifting again. My arms look slimmer and my gut not so prominent - it's developing some shape and the "apron" is getting smaller. Before too long I suspect I'll see that tattoo again and my c-section scars for the first time without lifting the belly! Awesome stuff.

And finally, I love having a bicep again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Happy Monday all (if there is such a thing).

I found a new Primal Low today. 183 on the ol' scales! I am 1 lb, one measily stinking pound, away from my first major goal. I'm so shocked that I don't know what to think. Not even sure how to celebrate it when I do reach 182... why is that my goal? It's my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm already wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans, but haven't yet reached the weight. I'm going to have to contemplate this one for a while... Maybe NEW JEANS!

I have been monitoring my progress in the mirror and have found things are shifting again. My arms look slimmer and my gut not so prominent - it's developing some shape and the "apron" is getting smaller. Before too long I suspect I'll see that tattoo again and my c-section scars for the first time without lifting the belly! Awesome stuff.

And finally, I love having a bicep again.
    YEAH!!!! I love this!! As for the C-section scar, not sure I want to see mine!! LOL I still have a ways to go before that though. BUY NEW JEANS! CELEBRATE!! Congrats!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I only go about once a week as well. But, it has been dwindling from a daily activity to what it is now steadily since I started Primal in March. I figured it was b/c I have less bulk in my diet and more useful food sources, so there is less waste to expell. I'm not all that worried about it, to be honest.

My overall hair loss has decreased significantly! I used to have to brush before showers, collect the hair as I was showering and throw it away when I was done or risk having to Drano and plunge the tub every couple of weeks. Now I don't lose ANY hair while showering and don't have the need to brush first. I love it! No more shedding!!
    Thanks Jenn it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one. re hair loss I first heard about the link with ketosis when I tried lighterlife (what an idiot!) but I know now so much of their thinking is flawed. Glad its not affecting you anyway.

And congrats on the weight loss.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    New jeans sounds like an awesome treat, Jenn! Congrats!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).