Page 96 of 282 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 96

shadoemckee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Another thing that I've noticed with this WOE. I was flexing in front of the mirror (yeah, I know) and I noticed that my upper arms are thinning down nicely. Even after dropping weight 6-7 years ago, I always had the dreaded "chicken wing". It seems that it the "chicken wing" is melting away. I'm barely working out and it's changed this much already.
    I can't wait for this!! Five pounds down in the first week! Loving NK! I cringe every time I see my hubby go to the pantry for a snack and come back with crackers! Soooo don't miss that crap food!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So I have decided that since I feel so little movement of fat (ie, it ain't going away) I am going to try a version (ok, my version) of a fat fast. The Atkins diet has one that suggests 90% fat and under 1,000 calories for 3 to 5 days. So I am going to do 3 days and 90% fat, and restricted calories. I decided not to limit myself to 1,000 because for my personality that is asking for a binge, too restrictive. I have Pre-tracked my meals for today and I come in under 1,500 with 91% fat and 21g of carbs. I was shooting to get under 20g of carb, but since I have 12g of fiber, I am not going to sweat the extra 1g.

I am still not getting on the scale until March 3rd, but as you all know, I will know if it is successful, my jeans will tell me so!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Goodluck Demuralist

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Looking forward to seeing how you do. Good Luck!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget that your body has hidden fat as well and if you aren't noticing a change in fat stores it could be that your body is using the visceral fat first.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

It is possible that I am letting go of fat and don't realize it, but I figure 3 days of this can't hurt right?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Yeah Geo!! I am anxious to see my batwings GO AWAY! Reading ongoing successes just keeps me focused. Tracking I think has been a major key to success along with BPC! Still happy dancing! I am wearing a blouse I have not been able to wear for over 6 years. The "girls" are actually NOT busting out! It looks GOOD!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    After a margarita & some gluten/dairy-free cookies over the weekend, I'm ready to try my own EMF protocol. I haven't planned ahead for anything, which may end up having me fail pretty early on. Right now, I'm just working on cutting out starches/carbs. I may end up eating a lot of protein at first, but I think that's okay.

I wonder how many avocados I can have per day. They're not cheap around here! First googling says 22g of fat per avocado, which would help to bolster the amount of fat per day, but they have carbs/fiber too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    It is possible that I am letting go of fat and don't realize it, but I figure 3 days of this can't hurt right?
    Couldn't hurt a bit. I just don't want you to think that nothing is happening. I am not losing my fat pads on my hips but little bits here and there from other areas. Not where I REALLY need to lose it from.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I usually eat one at lunch with eggs and mayo (if the avocado isn't ripe enough to mash with the eggs). If you hard boil the eggs you can easily just use the yolks which increases the fat %. You should check out the lists from the links in the recipe group, some good easy ideas in them.