Page 95 of 282 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 95

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    @Geo,every time I see that you have posted here I hold my breath cause I am thinking you are announcing dropping down into onederland. It is great news about the chicken wings though.
    LOL, I can't wait to say that I am officially in onderland. I've decided that when I am, I am taking myself out for a pedi/mani. I'm trying not to weigh myself until next Friday, but if I can wait until Wed or Thurs, that would be ok too. Can you post your soup recipe in the recipe group? I want to try that out next weekend. I know it'll get lost in this thread. Thanks!
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    While I cannot report a weight loss (can we say yo-yo continues?) I have noticed that the lumpy abdominal fat isn't there any longer. Positive change, that is.

Karin! You have got to feel just awesome!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    While I cannot report a weight loss (can we say yo-yo continues?) I have noticed that the lumpy abdominal fat isn't there any longer. Positive change, that is.

Karin! You have got to feel just awesome!!
    That HB is the greatest feeling EVER. I loved that when that occurred! So happy you're some movement even if it isn't on the scale.
    Georgette

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin congratulations that's awesome. HB I am right there with you. I am addicted to my scale and weigh all the time. It is so weird I was down a pound at the beginning of the week and today and yesterday I was up 2.4 pounds. It's my body's way of teasing me. I have short term goal that I hit during my bout with the flu and then I popped back up and now I.Just.Can't get back there! I know I'll make it eventually my body goes through these cycles where I lose, then gain 3-5, then lose that plus a little more. I'll stabilize for a while then lose some more, then gain etc... up and down but the positive trend is lower and lower. Over the past few years I didn't think I would ever lose the weight I gained while pregnant but it's finally leaving me so I am happy. I just put on a cute jacket I bought before I was pregnant with my daughter. Since she was born it has not even come close to being possible to even get it around me let alone zipped. Today I zipped it up! Yay the arms are not as lose as I would like and my hips are still wide so it really emphasizes the waist to hip ratio so it's back to the closet but you have no idea how happy I was. Now I know I will be able to wear it eventually.
    Last edited by Primal123; 02-11-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: typos

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    @Geo, done! It is called stuffed cabbage soup.

I have to say if I was doing the scale daily, I am certain I would have tweaked this thing to death.

I just bought some lavender salt scrub, in the hopes that it will help move that lumpiness along more quickly.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Congrats everyone on weight loss and/or inches lost.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I have been trying to keep my macros in the 70-25-5 f-p-c range. Well... It's been interesting. Can't quite get there. One day fat is 80% next day it's only 65%. Carbs have never gone over 5% until today. I had an asian pear and it had 13 g of carbs in it. Dang! It put me closer to 10%. Whatever.

I did find some ketosticks today and I came in at the second highest color. Woo hoo. From my understanding no matter what- ketosis= fat loss . . . uh right?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Primal123, I don't eat any vegetables, and while the last couple of Fridays
    I've had wine and bad carbs, those days are the ONLY days that I've actually
    EATEN carbs.

Than, you know, what lurks in egg yolks and hard cheeses.

Zero carb is not new to me at all. I had a stint of it a couple years ago for
    about

I think I MAY have had a couple of strawberries at one point, but that was it.

I feel fantastic (always do, going vlc or zc), so I think if you want to try it,
    try it!

If you start feeling weird or nasty or something, then just stop.

Have you been to the Dirty Carnivore site yet? Lots of zero carbers
    there, or super low carbers that just add spices and stuff to their meats, not
    a pile of veggies.

Julie
    Julie, we're you over on Charles zero carb forum? I was over there in 2009.
    Lee

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ok..i have been feeling so good and thinner i could not wait to weigh in in until thursday, In 3 weeks I am down 15 pounds!!!! I am on my kindle and will be back tomorrow!!! Whooop!!!!
    Karin! That's outrageous good!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member

Red face

Weighed today & put on 2lb from last week but here is the interesting thing - although my body fat has increased by 1/2lb (no surprise there my av cals have been up 150 from goal across the week), my LBM increased by 1.5lb even though I have done no exercise whatsoever (I have had excruciating pain from a shoulder injury all week & spent the week mostly stalking all your journals for inspiration – thank you ladies for giving a newbie an insight into your amazing weight loss journeys). I was expecting to lose LBM since my protein has been 10+g below what it should be. Could this effect be an alternate measure of deep ketosis?

NB: Have had a consistent ratio of 18-3-79 all week av cals 1499

PS: Have finally thrown my ketostix out – they never have recorded a reading despite me never eating more than 20g carbs.

PPS: well done to all of you who have lost or changed shape this week. I am now on the hole from last on my second belt since I started my journey. When I have a bad week that thought motivates the hell out of me

PPPS: TMI I know but I feel the need to celebrate (weird or what?) I finally went this am - after 7 days straight. Have decided to track this properly too. Am off to buy mag citrate
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-11-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: PS