Page 92 of 281 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 92

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm working on correcting chronic constipation that's been plaguing me for 5 months. I've been primal for 1.5 yrs.
    If you find a cure please let us know. That has been my problem since starting EMF - only once in 7 days (sorry if TMI) I know there will be less but surely this isn't right. I don't like the thought of it all stacking up inside for a week. Have gone back to taking phsyllium husks (which usually works for me) for last 3 days but to no avail.

NB: my macros have been consistently 18-3-79/17-3-80 (I'm a little low on protein but trying to keep to 80% fat whilst keeping the cals down) so it can't be the lack of fat. My carbs mainly come from spinach as this is one of the lowest carb but highest fiber veg. Have read that caynne pepper is supposed to work but hate anything chill. Still needs must - will be trying the mild form next week & working my way up unless anyone can come up with a more palatable solution
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-10-2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: added NB

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I use natural calm powdered magnesium for regularity. I take 1 tsp after dinner because it is also supposed to aid with sleep. Honestly, I have found that I do not go as often on EMF and then it is very compact.

Ooops according to what I just read on Yahoo, I may be dehydrated. I have been having trouble getting water in.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Magnesium citrate in the evening. Increase the dose until it works. When using for bowel issues, I sometimes take a second dose in the am. I started out using the various powders available at the health food store and progressed to the cheapest form just plain old mg. citrate powder. It is by far the best as it does not have the awful flavors the other powders had.

Drinking more water is always helpful.

Has anyone done zero carb? I ask because I heard of a fertility doctor who has used a zero carb diet very successfully for his patients with PCOS, (which I don't have) but was wondering how one would achieve zero carb, without shunning all vegetables.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    psyllium husk are a CW recommendation. They work, and are a non-digestable carb, so they don't have an insulin reponse.... and sennacot is a stool softener that is vegetable based when taken in the right dose, can be "cathartic".... both are easily obtained at any place that sells vitamins, diet stuff... basically, if you can find it ta Walmart, you can find it anywhere...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Cathartic. Lol

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have IBD, so not going is pretty much the opposite of what my potty issues are. But since I have started EMF I do go less. If I eat an avocado and drink all of my fluids (I get about 130 to 150oz a day) then I go, if I miss out on either one of those it is less likely, if I miss out on both it ain't happening.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Ddraig Goch, might consider digestive enzymes (one with lipase) and ox bile. You may not be making enough bile for the fat, or if you have your gall bladder removed there is no way you are. Bile makes things regular

Well, after over four months of very low carb and about 4 weeks of that being EMF for ketosis, I think I am going to try going back on carbs and see how they do me. I had planned to wait until the first week in March, but my body has been craving quality carb sources and I feel like I need it. My body is wanting "lighter" foods. I am very curious to see how my blood sugars do now as well.

So I'll still be on Myfitnesspal (and likely this thread too) because I'll still be counting calories for now (joy) but I'll be logging some carbs I think. If I can bring myself to eat them that is, it will feel SO WRONG! lol

If things don't go well after a couple weeks, I may come running back to the safety zone of very low carb.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 02-10-2013 at 06:06 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Something new I noticed this morning. My wiry chin hairs that I seem to pluck weekly are either nonexistent and are now soft! You have to realize, I've had issues with this since I was 13(PCOS related) and CW will tell you that you can't get rid of them and they won't get softer. Am I beating CW?

Also, I had to get a new bra yesterday and I bought one in my normal size without trying it on. I'm a 38C. I know that when you first wear a new bra, you're supposed to hook it on the first notches. Today is the first time wearing it and it's hooked on the tightest hooks possible! This is why I don't measure myself, I'm letting my clothes do the talking.

@demuralist making my first batch of beef bone broth and the house smells amazing!
    Georgette

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Georgette, I am noticing less chin hairs too! And the ones I have seem to be growing slower.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    @Geo, I am so excited for your successes, it is so fun to hear about your almost daily observances of fat loss and health gain! My favorite thing to do with the home made bone broth is to make my version of my grandmother's stuffed cabbage. My version is a very lazy version (she would be very unhappy with my laziness!) and is actually a soup. So simple!

2Lbs ground meat (I use beef)
    2Tbs dried onions (I use these to soak up the beef fat so that I don't have to drain it)
    2 large cans of diced tomatoes (last time I used roasted with chilis and wow)
    1 large head of cabbage chopped
    1C bone broth
    3C water (the bone broth was too rich to use straight)

Brown the meat, add the onions till they are re-hydrated, then the rest of the stuff, simmer till the cabbage is soft and the soup has your preferred thickness (I like mine very thick), it takes hours and the house smell divine. This is comfort food at its best. I will on occasion, make a batch of rice for the boys and they pour the soup over the rice.

p.s. my arms are now bald! I used to have a pretty reasonable amount of fairly dark hair (Italian descent). odd that
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-10-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add p.s.