Page 91 of 282 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 91

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    So if I can pull my pants on and off without unsnapping or unzipping, does that mean I actually lost while traveling? will weigh in the morning.
    Congratulations! That is wonderful!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Thanks honeybuns!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So if I can pull my pants on and off without unsnapping or unzipping, does that mean I actually lost while traveling? will weigh in the morning.
    OOOH that is a neat trick! Congrats!

Thanks Pebbles.
    Female 53

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Woot!! That is awesome!!!
    Georgette

Thanks Georgette.
    Female 53

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Welp, I'm working on getting on this EMF wagon ASAP. I think I'll give my gluten-free cookies (baked today, used organic palm shortening so they're dairy-free too) to my fiancÚ or my parents. I don't want to lose weight, just give my digestive system a break. Focusing on fats and protein first will make that easiest, I think. I can't do coconut milk, usually makes me nauseous, but coconut oil seems okay now (used to go right through me). I can't do dairy, except in small amounts of butter, but I don't want to risk it. Raw dairy is too difficult/out of the way to get around here, so I won't be trying that soon either.

My thoughts right now are eggs, avocados, tea with coconut oil whisked in (but will be cutting back on tea soon, even though it's caffeine-free), some kind of meat with a bit of veg at lunch, same for dinner. I'm worried that will mostly be protein instead of mostly fat, however. I'm okay with repetitive foods, just need to find a system that works. I plan on making more bone broth soon and hoping to have at least one mug of it a day. I will consider that fat and not count it towards any macros (and I'm not going to be tracking macros anyway).

I'm working on correcting chronic constipation that's been plaguing me for 5 months. I've been primal for 1.5 yrs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Welp, I'm working on getting on this EMF wagon ASAP. I think I'll give my gluten-free cookies (baked today, used organic palm shortening so they're dairy-free too) to my fiancÚ or my parents. I don't want to lose weight, just give my digestive system a break. Focusing on fats and protein first will make that easiest, I think. I can't do coconut milk, usually makes me nauseous, but coconut oil seems okay now (used to go right through me). I can't do dairy, except in small amounts of butter, but I don't want to risk it. Raw dairy is too difficult/out of the way to get around here, so I won't be trying that soon either.

My thoughts right now are eggs, avocados, tea with coconut oil whisked in (but will be cutting back on tea soon, even though it's caffeine-free), some kind of meat with a bit of veg at lunch, same for dinner. I'm worried that will mostly be protein instead of mostly fat, however. I'm okay with repetitive foods, just need to find a system that works. I plan on making more bone broth soon and hoping to have at least one mug of it a day. I will consider that fat and not count it towards any macros (and I'm not going to be tracking macros anyway).

I'm working on correcting chronic constipation that's been plaguing me for 5 months. I've been primal for 1.5 yrs.

Hopefully the increase in fat will help you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Nameless I had issues like that until I increased my fats, now no problem.

shadoemckee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FINALLY! Something that works for me! I love almost everything about PB except the fact that I wasn't losing those pesky fat depsosits. I researched this thread and nutritional ketosis and joined myfitnesspal.com (After a year at cronometer.com I left after seeing how wonderful myfitnesspal fits me!) Started NK just five days ago. Just for the heck of it, I jumped on the scale this morning and WOW! It finally moved and I'm confident it's body fat. Can't thank you guys enough for participating in this thread and leading me down this path! Much love to all.