Page 90 of 282 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 90

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had a shock this morning and an unwelcome one at that. I woke wide eyed and bushy tailed at 6am on a Saturday!!!!! Saturday is my one day to sleep in and I didn't get to! Curses!!!!!

I did try out a new recipe last night for a Deep Dish Pizza that my entire family loved. I will add that to the recipe thread in a bit. It was delicious and very filling.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Everyone is doing a great job!!! Keep on!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    wannispearl,

I agree with Primal123. Sounds like the Primal Blueprint was working great for you. Why change things so soon? Having said that, you are welcome here and we will help you figure out the higher fat macros if you want to do it.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that was a poorly timed bout of food poisoning!!! Thirty pages in the meantime . . .

So today is the scheduled FAIL and tomorrow it's back to business. Hope everyone is well!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Wow, that was a poorly timed bout of food poisoning!!! Thirty pages in the meantime . . .

So today is the scheduled FAIL and tomorrow it's back to business. Hope everyone is well!
    Stop poisoning yourself with your leet cooking skills Pandapants!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Looked back and can't find it....this is in response to?????
    we were making lite of the oliogiofructose claims. Unfortunately, apparently, some thought we were serious.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    regarding the protein intake I have seen it stated by "experts" that somewhere around 25g at one sitting is probably all the body can use up. Obviously it is different for everyone, but if you are having trouble getting into ketosis and you are eating your macros but all of your protein is in one sitting you might consider shifting things around.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Quick clarification on what the two of you are stating here...I am not trying to be wilfully obtuse or cause an argument, but what I am reading/understanding may not be what you are both saying, hence the question...

It is my understanding that a calorie = a calorie in that they are both equal measures of heat or some such.

It is also my understanding that each person requires a certain number of these calories daily to maintain their BMR. This can increase or decrease based on age, sex, weight, activity level, medical conditions, metabolism, etc.

Given these two ideas it would seem that if correct BMR was 1,500 calories, it would not matter where these 1,500 calories came from, as if 1,500 calories were consumed, weight (all things being equal) would remain the same. Excess calories would lead to gain, a deficeit would lead to weight loss.

Now, I freely admit that it is far easier to over eat calories on certain foods (junk foods). I can easily eat a 1,000 bag of chips and still be hungry and thus eat 1000 calories more of some other junk. Where as, it is far harder to eat more after eating a pound of steak cooked in butter, which has about the same caloric numbers (1000). This has nothing to do with the number of calories or the quality of calories but in the characteristics of the food themselves - one being more nutritious/satiating than the other.

As such, what I think you are both trying to say is that if one is eating higher quality food sources (non-processed, real foods - meat, vegetables, fats) and not junk foods this leads to weight loss because your body consumes less calories. Not what it appears on the surface that 1000 calories of meat is somehow different than 1000 calories of junk.

Is that correct?

I ask because it can be confusing to some if they think they can eat all the primal foods they want and due to 'quality calories' not gain weight. It has been my experience, that this simply is not true. I can easily gain weight eating too many primal calories.

or am I completely losing my mind?

(this is what I get for posting at 0430 lol)
    You are correct... but I also said that one day out of many isn't going to totally derail his progress. If you're hungry, you should eat.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You are correct... but I also said that one day out of many isn't going to totally derail his progress. If you're hungry, you should eat.
    I agree to an extent. One day does not a lifetime make. That said, if I ate every time I felt hungry, especially at first, (and my question was asked mostly for clarification for new folks) I would have overeaten daily. I think at some point you have to say, I am allowed X calories. I have had X calories. I am done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    So if I can pull my pants on and off without unsnapping or unzipping, does that mean I actually lost while traveling? will weigh in the morning.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html