Page 87 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 87

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    for those not following me on mfp, i am getting close to my first goal. 5 pounds lost in 2 weeks, at 303.2 now. first mini goal is >300lb, so im getting there!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks valmason01. I am fine with the progress this week. I ate clean and lost a little. How are you doing?

I (re) lost 1.5 pounds. Since I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds since Christmas I am not too excited. Trying to stay off the scale daily. I have become a bit obsessive. Still feel exhausted all the time but trying to be patient and stick with what I am doing for a month to see if it helps. Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks valmason01. I am fine with the progress this week. I ate clean and lost a little. How are you doing?

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

oh that sounds good!! I hope the farmers market has brussel sprouts tomorrow. Congrats on your week!!! Gettng past those humps are always so wonderful!!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Us yankee chicks love the bacon grease too!!! Roasted brussels sprouts!!!!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

mks8500 is offline Member
    Anyone know what time of day to test for blood ketones? My monitor and strips arrived!

Megan

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Anyone know what time of day to test for blood ketones? My monitor and strips arrived!

Megan
    No. You will be the pioneer on this one. Good Luck!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Hello ladies. I will be rejoining you next week, sharing recipes and ideas. Unfortunately, I got lost on the anxiety trail and will be spending the weekend following the crumbs back to preparation and surrender. I will have some clean up to do, but such is life. It is a twisty, windy road, but good all the same.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Hello ladies. I will be rejoining you next week, sharing recipes and ideas. Unfortunately, I got lost on the anxiety trail and will be spending the weekend following the crumbs back to preparation and surrender. I will have some clean up to do, but such is life. It is a twisty, windy road, but good all the same.
    Good job Kymma. Gotta pick yourself up and get back on the horse. Good luck this weekend.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I think it's safe to say I hit my fat goal today. Felt like a treat so I melted some butter, coconut oil, and some of the cream off the top of the can of coconut milk, added some raw cacao and stirred it all up. I let it get too hot so the milk separated some but I poured it over a few dark chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Put in the fridge and while it didn't turn into the ganache or bark I planned it was pretty tasty. All I had to do was stir it a little. It was sort of in between bark and ganache. But quite good. I don't use sweeteners but it seemed very sweet to me, I guess from the coconut milk. I ate half the amount I made so probably 4 tablespoons of fat LOL. I didn't measure the coconut milk fat so not exactly sure. I guess I can measure what it left and figure it out pretty easily. Should have thought of weighing when I ate it. I think it will end up accounting for lunch and dinner as I am still full hours after eating it. Not sure how many nutrients were in there but it was a fun treat.

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    I think it's safe to say I hit my fat goal today. Felt like a treat so I melted some butter, coconut oil, and some of the cream off the top of the can of coconut milk, added some raw cacao and stirred it all up. I let it get too hot so the milk separated some but I poured it over a few dark chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Put in the fridge and while it didn't turn into the ganache or bark I planned it was pretty tasty. All I had to do was stir it a little. It was sort of in between bark and ganache. But quite good. I don't use sweeteners but it seemed very sweet to me, I guess from the coconut milk. I ate half the amount I made so probably 4 tablespoons of fat LOL. I didn't measure the coconut milk fat so not exactly sure. I guess I can measure what it left and figure it out pretty easily. Should have thought of weighing when I ate it. I think it will end up accounting for lunch and dinner as I am still full hours after eating it. Not sure how many nutrients were in there but it was a fun treat.
    Sounds delish! I made Keto hot cocoa for supper(just me tonight), just for the calories. Not HUNGRY. It was very good. My macros for the day are:
    Fat 77%
    Protein 15 % (whoops)
    Carbs 8%(before fiber)
    Calories- 1149..I know, I know...