Page 86 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 86

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post

Like... what? I can barely, with GREAT effort, eat 1200 calories. if i TRY. my intuitive eating habits put me far far below that, and don't even talk about what i burn through exercise the few days i do, yeesh.

any time someone there says BMR, i want to cringe. >.>
    It's counter intuitive, but I have to eat really close to the BMR+Activity level or I don't lose weight. Lots of guesses as to why, but after doing this for a long time if I don't eat at least 2800 calories/day I don't lean out.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've never figured out BMR. I'm not even sure what that is even though I see it posted all the time.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Basal metabolic rhythm. It's the theoretical amount of caloric intake you would need for survival with absolutely NO activity (i.e. a comatose state.) Depending on what medical issues you may have and which equation you use, it could be off as much as 300-500 calories in either direction, let alone the activity multiplier.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I'm baffled by BMR and similarly baffled by where someone who clearly works out a lot comes up with 2800 calories post work out. xD

I just have no idea how / where people can find so many calories to consume, that are not carbs. It's such a mystery to me, perpetually.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Think my biggest problem is my hormonal inbalance - haven't had TOM since March last year :-( Would jump for joy to get it again (stopped taking the PIL after the cyst was removed in March on oviary - as big as a tennis ball) mmmmmm
    I feel for you. I had 2 cysts softball size and had a complete hysterectomy in September.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Basal metabolic rhythm. It's the theoretical amount of caloric intake you would need for survival with absolutely NO activity (i.e. a comatose state.) Depending on what medical issues you may have and which equation you use, it could be off as much as 300-500 calories in either direction, let alone the activity multiplier.
    Idk, I just don't worry about. It's enough having to figure out macros and crap without this weighing on me.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Bah. If not worrying about the calorie count works for you, don't sweat it. I use my Fitbit for my allowable daily calories and adjust my macros from there, but then again, I'm an engineer. I live to tweak/ fix things.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with IcarianVX. I use my Basal Metabolic Rate to make sure I am eating enough. Mine is 1742. 2400 with light activity. I eat around that 1700 number, but on heavier workout days, or during my period I sometimes allow myself to eat up to the higher number. This extra information helps me. I have a Go Wear Fit. The calorie burn numbers that it reports for my body agree with the BMR calculators.

It may be unnecessary information, but I do not believe it is CW BS as I have heard some intimate on MDA. Nor is "Starvation Mode". I have found that, if I don't feed my body enough, it won't release weight.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    All good information and I am very impressed! Don't give up! You are doing wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Feb Week 1 I lost 1/2 a pound this week, 1 inch and .3% body fat. This week was all about my eating disorder. I survived a combo of my period, a cold, personal stress and 4 days of severe binge issues.

I learned the following:
    *It is OK to eat to the top of my calorie range if I need to.
    *Keep that fat high (80% goal)
    *Sleep is more important than most of us understand
    *L-glutamine really does help the brain stop Jonesing for carbs.
    *Once the above happens, then I am only dealing with desire. I am stronger than my desires. 23 days clean.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Well, first screw up today. Added 5 oz of left over meatloaf to my breaky and then took wife out to Cora's for lunch. Blew my calorie intake. Actually....I'm about even, because MFP has it figured for me to lose 2 lbs a week. Think I'm over about the amount they want me under, if that makes sense?

Tomorrow will have to make up for it.

As far as exercise...I heard making wild passionate love is like jogging ten miles. Anyone heard of that? Maybe I should run a marathon later.......LMAO