Page 85 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 85

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For those not following me on MFP, I am getting close to my first goal. 5 pounds lost in 2 weeks, at 303.2 now. First mini goal is >300lb, so im getting there!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    For those not following me on MFP, I am getting close to my first goal. 5 pounds lost in 2 weeks, at 303.2 now. First mini goal is >300lb, so im getting there!
    Woot!!! WTG!!!!
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    I wasn't sure if ya'll knew about these, but wanted to post the link just in case.

ChocoPerfection Bars

I ate them the first four weeks of eating primal and lost about 8-9 pounds. I am still eating them on Primal/LCHF. First weigh in is tomorrow so we shall see. I just eat about 1 piece a day.
    I do not do well with chocolate... the whole "moderation" concept flies right out the window... especially if you add almonds or raspberry!!! But they look absolutely divine!

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    what the heck is Oligiofructose??
    If you look further down on the ingredients list, you'll see the "sugar" they sell is Oligiofructose, which is defined as coming from the chicory root, which is the "added" fiber in things like Fiber One bars. Fiber One bars have been implicated as gas causers and they say it's b/c of the chicory root. Friends and I used to call Fiber One bars "Fart bars" b/c they made us so gassy. I suspect this sweetener would do the same.

But the bars look amazing!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I do not do well with chocolate... the whole "moderation" concept flies right out the window... especially if you add almonds or raspberry!!! But they look absolutely divine!

If you look further down on the ingredients list, you'll see the "sugar" they sell is Oligiofructose, which is defined as coming from the chicory root, which is the "added" fiber in things like Fiber One bars. Fiber One bars have been implicated as gas causers and they say it's b/c of the chicory root. Friends and I used to call Fiber One bars "Fart bars" b/c they made us so gassy. I suspect this sweetener would do the same.

But the bars look amazing!
    I think they are divine! The raspberry and milk chocolate are my fav. My daughter experiences the "gas problem" with fiber one bars, but I don't have this problem on these. The keep me "going". But, no gas.

Mark is ok with oligiofructose:

I’m interested in soluble fiber, in the type of fiber that our gut flora can actually consume and ferment. I’m talking inulin and oligofructose, along with fructooligosaccharides (FOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), and other oligosaccharides. Pectin, too, appears to have some prebiotic potential, but inulin and oligofructose are the big ones. Of course, all of these can be obtained by adhering to the Primal Blueprint Food Pyramid and eating a few servings of vegetables and fruits each day.
    Read more: What Are Prebiotics? | Mark's Daily Apple

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Mark is ok with oligiofructose:

Read more: What Are Prebiotics? | Mark's Daily Apple
    I just KNEW I liked him

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Woot!!! WTG!!!!

thanks im excited.

so i've been surfing around on MFP and trying to participate in those forums a bit. there is, of course, a lot of totally NON primal compliant talk going on, lots of whole grains this, starvation mode that. :P but there seems to be a lot of talk about BMR. I used the tool to calculate this magical BMR number and it said... basically:

the minimum number of calories you need a day just to function is 2100!

Like... what? I can barely, with GREAT effort, eat 1200 calories. if i TRY. my intuitive eating habits put me far far below that, and don't even talk about what i burn through exercise the few days i do, yeesh.

any time someone there says BMR, i want to cringe. >.>

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Still can't find the link.....been on the websit for 2 days.
    which website?

On the first post of this current thread there is a link to the recipe group. Currently the 7th discussion on that first page is "how to get more fat for NK". you have cut and paste, sorry the links aren't direct cause the groups don't allow it. But if you cut and paste they do work and take you to articles with suggestions, I just checked them.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ussion935.html

Here's another comment on oligiofructose:

The secret: Go Lower’s makers rely on oligofructose, a fiber-rich, non-GI impact insoluble fructose that doesn’t get digested by your upper G.I. Heard of inulin? This is similar, safe, and natural.
    Read more: How Low Can You Go? | Mark's Daily Apple

This quote is in reference to these products Go-Lower low carb snacks, but the link on the page goes to another site and I can't find the products he's referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    thanks im excited.

so i've been surfing around on MFP and trying to participate in those forums a bit. there is, of course, a lot of totally NON primal compliant talk going on, lots of whole grains this, starvation mode that. :P but there seems to be a lot of talk about BMR. I used the tool to calculate this magical BMR number and it said... basically:

the minimum number of calories you need a day just to function is 2100!

Like... what? I can barely, with GREAT effort, eat 1200 calories. if i TRY. my intuitive eating habits put me far far below that, and don't even talk about what i burn through exercise the few days i do, yeesh.

any time someone there says BMR, i want to cringe. >.>

My BMR according to them in 1534... lower than I tend to eat in a day.