Page 83 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 83

Shyloh is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Wow that is fantastic and in such a short time - well done!! What is your daily calorie intake and ratios? And do you do fasting?
    Hi!

I take in about 1800-1900 cals per day.

Carbs:106g (20%) (I usually try and keep my carbs around 80-100g)
    Protein:132g (25%)
    Fat: 129g (55%)

I'm going to slowly bring up my calories to maintenance and my carbs to 100-150g as well. I'll see how it goes.
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    what is HWC? And how long does usually take to be in ketosis.
    HWC is heavy whipping cream.

It takes me a week of VLC to get to moderate ketosis. about 10 days to get to deep ketosis.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    HWC is heavy whipping cream.

It takes me a week of VLC to get to moderate ketosis. about 10 days to get to deep ketosis.
    Tried the HWC one early morning and had terrible stomach cramps...maybe a bit to rich, but can try it again. Do most of you avoid cheese? Struggle to keep my fat at 112g (not eating red meat, only fish/chicken/eggs) - maybe the HWC can help there. Dairy or no dairy that is the question - been pondering about it for a long time.....any comments..

The ketosis would be happening for me yet - only my first week Primal.
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

adavison is offline Member
    Tried the HWC one early morning and had terrible stomach cramps...maybe a bit to rich, but can try it again. Do most of you avoid cheese? Struggle to keep my fat at 112g (not eating red meat, only fish/chicken/eggs) - maybe the HWC can help there. Dairy or no dairy that is the question - been pondering about it for a long time.....any comments..

The ketosis would be happening for me yet - only my first week Primal.
    No dairy for me..Causes way too many cravings and weight to bounce up. I use CO in my coffee insead of HWC. I make a cup of coffee, add 1 tablespoon refined CO, and whip it up in my Ninja. Delish. Tastes just like a yummy coffee from Starbucks. Very frothy and creamy. I like to fry my chicken thighs in bacon fat. You know, no good southern girl would EVER get rid of her bacon drippings. It's liquid GOLD! This would add fat into your diet as well.

Also, one other thing. For me..I do use 1 tablespoon of liquid creamer in my first cup of joe in the morning. Non-dariy and lactose free. I know..it has sugar...but I count the carbs and keep carbs in my range.(5%) The CO coffee is for my "to go" mug in the morning.
    Last edited by adavison; 02-08-2013 at 11:02 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I eat dairy all the time. It doesn't seem to bother me like it does for most other than it causes mucous but at this point, I deal with it ok. Grains and sugar seem to be my biggest triggers.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    No dairy for me..Causes way too many cravings and weight to bounce up. I use CO in my coffee insead of HWC. I make a cup of coffee, add 1 tablespoon refined CO, and whip it up in my Ninja. Delish. Tastes just like a yummy coffee from Starbucks. Very frothy and creamy. I like to fry my chicken thighs in bacon fat. You know, no good southern girl would NEVER get rid of her bacon drippings. It's liquid GOLD! This would add fat into your diet as well.
    Us yankee chicks love the bacon grease too!!! Roasted brussels sprouts!!!!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Us yankee chicks love the bacon grease too!!! Roasted brussels sprouts!!!!
    Nom, nom, nom!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyloh View Post
    Just wanted to check in again...

I have been following this thread and I just want to say that you all are doing fabulous!

I also wanted to update you on my progress...I've lost another pound,so I'm almost at my goal!

I gotta admit,I was afraid of eating more fat,I was always led to believe that fat was the enemy!

Not anymore!

your progress is awesome!

Thx for the advice - what is HWC (love the pickle idea too) ? And how long does usually take to be in ketosis.
    As Jenn said its heavy whipping cream However if the HWC causes tummy trouble you might look at coconut milk and as was suggested possible coconut oil (although, you may have to get used to an oil slick). Pickles and green/kalamata olives kill sweet cravings for me!! Although to be honest, I have not had many sweet cravings. Oh, also, I bought some cocoa nibs. They are roasted cocoa beans in small pieces. They are not sweet but have a chocolate flavor (I grind them and use like coffee) but a little nib meets that craving too.

As for ketosis, it has taken a solid week to get into moderate ketosis. I am working for deep ketosis.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I wasn't sure if ya'll knew about these, but wanted to post the link just in case.

ChocoPerfection Bars

I ate them the first four weeks of eating primal and lost about 8-9 pounds. I am still eating them on Primal/LCHF. First weigh in is tomorrow so we shall see. I just eat about 1 piece a day.
    Last edited by adavison; 02-08-2013 at 11:12 AM.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    In the recipe group on the first page there is a discussion with 2 links to websites with suggestions for healthy fat ideas for NK. In the group there is also a recipe for a non-dairy primal cream that is fantastic.

Dr. Atkins book says it can take as long as 6 weeks of no cheating for some to get into ketosis.

I do dairy, HWC, cream cheese, gouda, so far it doesn't seem to trigger anything.