Page 81 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 81

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WOW, what a great bunch of successes today. Now let's keep this positive flow streaming into the weekend!!
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Lizard, I drink at least that daily, so no not too much, I think it would only be a problem if you try to drink it all at once and you haven't eaten.

Paula, fantastic insights! I honestly believe that sleep is the key.
    Thx - any suggestions to stop cravings late at night?? (Weak point) - Since this is my first week back, I feel a bit low on energy, so have only been doing intervals (walk/jog/sprints) and not much intense exercise like weights. Guess that is normal while your body adjust.
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I got on the scale this morning expecting either to stay the same or a gain and I was down 2 pounds. I'm at my smallest weight pre-pregnancy with my middle daughter since 2000! I'm at 201 pounds. I never thought I would see this weight ever! I broke the dread 203 hump. 203 has always been the weight that I reach and then something bad happens in my life that adds stress and I start to eat emotionally and throws everything out of whack. I'm almost to my next mini goal of 199.

@Paula, with all the stressors you've had this past week, you're still kicking butt! WTG!!!!!

@mks It looks as if you have just lowered your macros for NK to be in your range for fat loss. I would still give it another couple of weeks and see what happens from there. Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect change to happen rapidly. Give it time.
    Congrats :-)
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Congrats! Nice job! This morning I put on a pair of jeans and a shirt that I haven't worn in about two weeks, and they are literally hanging on me. Whopp! I will weigh in the morning. I am one of those psycho people that could weigh 12 times a day..Since I started Paleo/LCHF I am only trying to weigh once a week(Saturday morning) Ill update tomorrow if I the scale is kind. Also, just on a side note, I have been having vivid, bizarre dreams this week. Anyone else experience this while on Keto?
    I had them at first too.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I guess I'm finally in ketosis. My mouth tastes like a goblin miner took a giant coppery shit in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, if that is not a ringing endorsement of this WOE I don't know what is. Start printing up posters.
    This shit just cracked me the hell up!

jenn26point2 I sent you a friend request on MFP.
    I think I got it last night. Is your username different there than it is here?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I guess I'm finally in ketosis. My mouth tastes like a goblin miner took a giant coppery shit in it.
    Same here. Maybe we could get the goblins from The Hobbit to star in the endorsements.
    Georgette

Paula, you are handling this binge eating disorder like a champ! 23 days is amazing!!

Geo, congratulations are due for you breaking that weight barrier! You are a rockstar!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! Nice job! This morning I put on a pair of jeans and a shirt that I haven't worn in about two weeks, and they are literally hanging on me. Whopp! I will weigh in the morning. I am one of those psycho people that could weigh 12 times a day..Since I started Paleo/LCHF I am only trying to weigh once a week(Saturday morning) Ill update tomorrow if I the scale is kind. Also, just on a side note, I have been having vivid, bizarre dreams this week. Anyone else experience this while on Keto?
    Thanks! Congrats on the loose clothes. Belt time! And yes, I have been having really vivid dreams lately. Normally, I don't remember my dreams at all period.
    Georgette

mks8500 is offline Member
    I really appreciate the responses ladies. I don't do dairy except HWC in my espresso in the morning. No sugar (very little fruit even) either. I get so paranoid when the weight starts going backwards. I do agree with each of you that it might be a little too soon to freak out. The protein/fat ratio is also something that could use some work. I'm on MFP under my same sign on as here if anyone feels like taking a look.

Megan

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Thx - any suggestions to stop cravings late at night?? (Weak point) - Since this is my first week back, I feel a bit low on energy, so have only been doing intervals (walk/jog/sprints) and not much intense exercise like weights. Guess that is normal while your body adjust.
    Get some L-glutamine powder and put up to a tsp under your tongue. Seriously. It tells your brain it is getting the glucose that it is craving.

"Due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier,L-glutamine is a wonderful way of providing glutamic acid to the brain. Many people think that, like other amino acids, this provides more neurotransmitters to the brain, but this is not the case. Actually, L-glutamine provides the glutamic acid that the brain uses as fuel (the only other substance the brain uses for fuel is glucose). Glutamine can block cravings for alcohol as well as sugar. This key benefit can be used in individuals as a diet aid. Taking one capsule or one quarter teaspoonful of L-glutamine at the onset of sugar or alcohol cravings has been shown to deter these feelings. This may not work in all individuals, but the non-toxic nature of this harmless food additive and the many other benefits that can be derived from this supplement make it worth trying."

Hey, adavison, I got your request. I looked on my phone after seeing your note and it wasn't there. Just logged into MFP on the computer and there you were!