Page 80 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 80

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I got on the scale this morning expecting either to stay the same or a gain and I was down 2 pounds. I'm at my smallest weight pre-pregnancy with my middle daughter since 2000! I'm at 201 pounds. I never thought I would see this weight ever! I broke the dread 203 hump. 203 has always been the weight that I reach and then something bad happens in my life that adds stress and I start to eat emotionally and throws everything out of whack. I'm almost to my next mini goal of 199.
    fantastic, so excited for you!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    @mks8500 For most of us who have been on this WOE since the beginning, it took about 2-3 weeks to get everything dialed in. Patience is key with this.
    Georgette

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I got on the scale this morning expecting either to stay the same or a gain and I was down 2 pounds. I'm at my smallest weight pre-pregnancy with my middle daughter since 2000! I'm at 201 pounds. I never thought I would see this weight ever! I broke the dread 203 hump. 203 has always been the weight that I reach and then something bad happens in my life that adds stress and I start to eat emotionally and throws everything out of whack. I'm almost to my next mini goal of 199.
    Congrats! Nice job! This morning I put on a pair of jeans and a shirt that I haven't worn in about two weeks, and they are literally hanging on me. Whopp! I will weigh in the morning. I am one of those psycho people that could weigh 12 times a day..Since I started Paleo/LCHF I am only trying to weigh once a week(Saturday morning) Ill update tomorrow if I the scale is kind. Also, just on a side note, I have been having vivid, bizarre dreams this week. Anyone else experience this while on Keto?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I guess I'm finally in ketosis. My mouth tastes like a goblin miner took a giant coppery shit in it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I guess I'm finally in ketosis. My mouth tastes like a goblin miner took a giant coppery shit in it.
    Well, if that is not a ringing endorsement of this WOE I don't know what is. Start printing up posters.

I have had 3 nights in a row with vivid dreams, I had assumed I was just being awakened in the middle of them. Interesting. But sleep quality is through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Nice job Pebbles!

I'm frustrated. I want to make sure I don't sound like one of those that whine because they haven't lost anything because I do understand that it happens sometimes. However, I've GAINED weight and I'm in ketosis. I don't understand and I'm frustrated. I haven't fallen off the wagon, I'm exercising, drinking plenty of water and have a ton of weight to lose. Here's what I've tracked the last week. I think my blood ketone monitor arrives today...I hope. Thoughts anyone?

Fat Protein Carbs Ketosis
    93 107 6 4
    116 117 17 3
    83 74 5 3
    161 82 22 3
    114 110 10 3
    91 97 19 3
    67 55 20 3

Megan
    P.S - The Ketosis column is a grade I give based on the color it matches on the ketostix. The 4 is purple. The 3 is moderate.

Do you eat dairy? Dairy always stalls my weight loss. I did have one tablespoon of blue chesse dressing this week though. My problem with dairy is when I start eating it, I can't quit. I love cheese, cream etc..but it seems to cause huge cravings for me. The very small amount of blue cheese dressing this week did not send me into a dairy craze. Anyway, maybe look at your dairy consumption and re-evaluate(if you do dairy) Just my thoughts.. Happy Friday!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, if that is not a ringing endorsement of this WOE I don't know what is. Start printing up posters.
    LMAO at both of you.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    LMAO at both of you.
    +1 love the turn of phrase used, wish I had that talent!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    jenn26point2 I sent you a friend request on MFP.