Page 8 of 282 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 8

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    It's really not that hard. A few eggs, some fried veggies a little cream in your coffee.. Since fat is calorie dense, it doesn't take just a whole lot.

Like yesterday I basically had two cups of coffee with cream and an erythritol based sweetener. Had some eggs whipped up into an omelette with american cheese on top (the one processed food I never ditched), didn't eat lunch, then supper was steak, homemade kimchee and fried cabbage and onions. Also for snacks I had a cream cheese cloud which was rolled in crushed pecans and a bar of chocoperfection- a chocolate made with inulin and erythritol and cocoa butter and butter oil. I usually eat a little more food than that, but didn't exercise yesterday- been up at night taking care of a sick goat and needed to rest. And my appetite is such that I can skip a meal easily if I choose now.
    I hear ya, & I do get that eating a lot of fat & high calorie "fatty" meals is easy, & I subscribe to this as well.. I'm a VLC guy.. its eating fat, while keeping protein down that's hard for me to see.. Most of my fat comes in animal meat, & eggs.. (Fat w protein) I don't really eat a lot of butter, & I don't drown things in oil, so I was just wondering if there was a secret "Fat only" (nutrient dense) dish in the thread that I didn't know about..

Avocado, almonds, & cheeses, I do get.. I'm also looking for ways to increase my calories in the fat category, so just reading along & trying to see what's on these menus..

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    My results for Jan were:
    weight - 4 kg (7.7 lbs ish)
    waist - 7 cm (2.75 inches)
    hips - 5 cm (1.96 inches)

I too used to binge a lot, but have not at all in Jan.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    abc123, Sarasota is my favorite place in the whole world. My inlaws live there. We go down once a year.

Chris, what great NSV's. My shoes are looser too, its very weird LOL
    Wow Kymma, great loss for you too.
    Great Jenn 11 lbs for you too is awesome!
    HB, hopefully the measurements went down for you, those damn scales can be frustrating hey?
    Tomi great goals. I am with you on the walking
    Interesting GP about 80% working better than 70%. Great results in a short time.
    I better check out your journal Geo, hope your stress goes away soon though.

Goals for Feb:
    Walk 4-5 km every day.
    Get back to the gym for some basic barbell lifts 2-3 days a week (will be happy if I go 2 days though).
    Stop weighing each day.
    Keep focusing on eating only to hunger
    Might track for a few days, as Id like to up to 80% fat.
    Continue with not bingeing.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    @abc123, check out Peace, Love, and Low Carb there are a lot of recipes that have protein and full of fat.
    Georgette

My BMR is 1810, and I say I am lightly active, so that brings it up to 2475, so if I aimed for 1500 (although currently don't get up to that at all, that is a good deficit right?)
    So macros for me would be:
    Protein - 56g
    Carbs - 19g
    Fats - 133g

mks8500 is offline Member
    I started primal 2 weeks ago after being GF for almost 2 years. I didn't do measurements but was down 12.9lbs this morning when I got on the scale.

Goals for this month
    -10lbs
    -figure out is 70% or 80% fat works better for me
    -keep plugging along

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    its eating fat, while keeping protein down that's hard for me to see.. Most of my fat comes in animal meat, & eggs.. (Fat w protein) I don't really eat a lot of butter, & I don't drown things in oil, so I was just wondering if there was a secret "Fat only" (nutrient dense) dish in the thread that I didn't know about..
    abc123 - Me too. Bacon, real eggs and HWC in (1tbp) in my coffee seem to get me close. I'm having the same issue though. I don't do dairy yet (other than the HWC).

After yesterdays discussion on loose skin in the old thread, I've been researching sulfate free body washes. Thus far, Burt's Bees has them as does Organix, I found a brand called 100% Pure that carries them as well as Vitabath, but you have to get the cream body wash. Also, I'm having difficulty locating collagen based lotions. In some of research, it said keratin based lotions and taking vitamin E also helps with loose skin. If any of you have any ideas on collagen or keratin based lotions, let me know.
    Georgette

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I was doing this along with you all (without posting) in January, I think I'll officially come on board for February.

On Jan 2 I went high fat, low carb and lost 11 lbs. I'm counting calories (1200 daily), staying in ketosis, with one Jan refeed day (I ate wild rice and sweet potatoes but stayed in my calorie target range) and daily IF with an eating window of noon to 6PM. No cheats

I do an hour of unchronic cardio daily on a recumbent - I put it on the highest level of resistance and pedal diligently (and slowly) for an hour. And I have the butt to prove it. I want everyone to feel it, it's pretty awesome. I just bought a rower and I'm doing that at home after dinner - high resistance and long duration. I have never gotten my heart out of the "warm up" stage on either machine, I'm going for long, slow, plodding as opposed to chronic cardio. I'm getting some great tone already and have only been at it since Jan 2.

abc123, avocado is high in fat and really low in protein. Approx 23 g fat and 3 g protein, depending on which food tracker site you check.

January Successes
    I hit the ground running with lots of energy in the morning.
    Wheat belly gone.
    My nails are growing like crazy and they're really strong.
    I'm not a complete bitch anymore
    The bottoms of my feet are smooth, they were decidedly "unsmooth" before.....
    Lost 11 lbs. and many inches.

February Goals
    Start making with the free weights! I have the bar and the weights. Now to just put them together....
    Lose 4-6 lbs. I'm afraid to lose any faster because I might end up looking like a Shar Pei.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    January Successes
    I hit the ground running with lots of energy in the morning.
    Wheat belly gone.
    My nails are growing like crazy and they're really strong.
    I'm not a complete bitch anymore
    The bottoms of my feet are smooth, they were decidedly "unsmooth" before.....
    Lost 11 lbs. and many inches.
    The only difference is that my feet are still rough. The nail thing is great. I've never had strong nails before in all my almost 37 years. I've also got hair thickening up and growing.
    Georgette

Page 8 of 282 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast