Page 79 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 79

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Nailed my stats again TYVM! Still in moderate ketosis.. my goal is deep ketosis but having trouble finding my way there.

Paula- sleep in an amazing miracle cure! I love the insights you posted!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Feb Week 1 I lost 1/2 a pound this week, 1 inch and .3% body fat. This week was all about my eating disorder. I survived a combo of my period, a cold, personal stress and 4 days of severe binge issues.

I learned the following:
    *It is OK to eat to the top of my calorie range if I need to.
    *Keep that fat high (80% goal)
    *Sleep is more important than most of us understand
    *L-glutamine really does help the brain stop Jonesing for carbs.
    *Once the above happens, then I am only dealing with desire. I am stronger than my desires. 23 days clean.
    Bravo and big congratulations! You are awesome. 23 days is a big accomplishment.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I got on the scale this morning expecting either to stay the same or a gain and I was down 2 pounds. I'm at my smallest weight pre-pregnancy with my middle daughter since 2000! I'm at 201 pounds. I never thought I would see this weight ever! I broke the dread 203 hump. 203 has always been the weight that I reach and then something bad happens in my life that adds stress and I start to eat emotionally and throws everything out of whack. I'm almost to my next mini goal of 199.

@Paula, with all the stressors you've had this past week, you're still kicking butt! WTG!!!!!

@mks It looks as if you have just lowered your macros for NK to be in your range for fat loss. I would still give it another couple of weeks and see what happens from there. Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect change to happen rapidly. Give it time.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I got on the scale this morning expecting either to stay the same or a gain and I was down 2 pounds. I'm at my smallest weight pre-pregnancy with my middle daughter since 2000! I'm at 201 pounds. I never thought I would see this weight ever! I broke the dread 203 hump. 203 has always been the weight that I reach and then something bad happens in my life that adds stress and I start to eat emotionally and throws everything out of whack. I'm almost to my next mini goal of 199.
    Happy dance, woot woot!

lala70 is offline Senior Member

@Paula, with all the stressors you've had this past week, you're still kicking butt! WTG!!!!!

@mks It looks as if you have just lowered your macros for NK to be in your range for fat loss. I would still give it another couple of weeks and see what happens from there. Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect change to happen rapidly. Give it time.
    Way to go!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member

Nicely done geostump. As someone who is trying to break a barrier that hasn't been broken in 12 years, I look forward to the same feeling.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Geo So Exciting!!!

mks8500 Your protein seems to be higher than your fat. This will bring your fat percentage down below 70%. Like Geo says, it will take time once you hit the right macros.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Great job Geo! Cause for celebration with a happy dance!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Nice job Pebbles!

I'm frustrated. I want to make sure I don't sound like one of those that whine because they haven't lost anything because I do understand that it happens sometimes. However, I've GAINED weight and I'm in ketosis. I don't understand and I'm frustrated. I haven't fallen off the wagon, I'm exercising, drinking plenty of water and have a ton of weight to lose. Here's what I've tracked the last week. I think my blood ketone monitor arrives today...I hope. Thoughts anyone?

Fat Protein Carbs Ketosis
    93 107 6 4
    116 117 17 3
    83 74 5 3
    161 82 22 3
    114 110 10 3
    91 97 19 3
    67 55 20 3

Megan
    P.S - The Ketosis column is a grade I give based on the color it matches on the ketostix. The 4 is purple. The 3 is moderate.
    don't know if this will make a difference or not, but your fat column generally looks low and your protein column generally looks high? It will be interesting to see what your blood monitor has to say. I am wondering if just being in ketosis is not enough. If doing the macros "right" is not just about being in ketosis, but about the way the body will use the macros. I don't know the answer just an observation.

p.s. it appears as though I may not be the first to answer, don't want to seem like I am piling on, I answered before I saw the other responses.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-08-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Holy shit, Geo! That's awesome!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome