Page 77 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 77

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    If I remember correctly, you do gate security, don't you? Are you at Huachuca?
    Yeah, I am Captain/Training Officer so I am generally only at the gates half the day. We're under a total hiring freeze at the moment (Post wide) but I had just put in for another Admin Asst job about a week before it went into effect.

Waiting to see what goes down March 1 with the furlough talk.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I am Captain/Training Officer so I am generally only at the gates half the day. We're under a total hiring freeze at the moment (Post wide) but I had just put in for another Admin Asst job about a week before it went into effect.
    We have a hiring freeze as well, but we can still "move" people to open positions as long as the total number of employees does not change. So, right now we have about 14 positions open that they're hoping to fill from within... which will open up other positions that I might be able to get into. If I leave though, they likely won't get another admin assistant in this office until after the freeze lifts. They have an XO though (sorry, executive officer for those who don't know Army-Speak - essentially another admin assistant, but deals primiarily with military type things, whereas I do it all), and he's just as bored as me, so they'll be fine. I'm in a GS-08 slot, and am the lowest "ranked" person here, so no one will move to it from within. Admin positions are honestly dead-end positions... I want out. I want an analyst spot or something. I'm already grossly over-educated for this position (based on the type of work I do) and after May I'll be even more overqualified for it once I have my Master's degree in hand. I'd really like to be doing analysis in the Logisitics office working Financial Liability stuff, but really, everything in this command is Logistics (Army Sustainment Command - we supply the warfighter with their trucks and stuff...) so any analyst job would be fine.

I was a beans and bullets counter in the Army (with an unassigned job as a combat lifesaver - never had to use that skill. )
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Admin positions are honestly dead-end positions... I want out. I want an analyst spot or something. I'm already grossly over-educated for this position (based on the type of work I do) and after May I'll be even more overqualified for it once I have my Master's degree in hand. I'd really like to be doing analysis in the Logisitics office working Financial Liability stuff, but really, everything in this command is Logistics (Army Sustainment Command - we supply the warfighter with their trucks and stuff...) so any analyst job would be fine.

I was a beans and bullets counter in the Army (with an unassigned job as a combat lifesaver - never had to use that skill. )

I feel your pain, though am only a 7. The only place 'up' I can go is Chief, and our Chief isn't going anywhere for at least 10 years. I'm trying to get over into Physical Security, but with the freeze that isn't happening. In the fall I am going to start working on my Cisco cert as a way out of this dead end. Admin Asst at this point would basically be a lateral move into a equally dead end position, but one inside, not dealing with customers or supervising 3 supervisors and 30 guards.

damn, way off topic. Sorry folks.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I feel your pain, though am only a 7. The only place 'up' I can go is Chief, and our Chief isn't going anywhere for at least 10 years. I'm trying to get over into Physical Security, but with the freeze that isn't happening. In the fall I am going to start working on my Cisco cert as a way out of this dead end. Admin Asst at this point would basically be a lateral move into a equally dead end position, but one inside, not dealing with customers or supervising 3 supervisors and 30 guards.

damn, way off topic. Sorry folks.
    I can't believe that they have you as a 7 in a supervisory role when I'm a freaking secretary and get paid as an 8... you need to move up here and look for work on the Island.

Yep... off topic... sorry for the sidebar, folks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I can't believe that they have you as a 7 in a supervisory role when I'm a freaking secretary and get paid as an 8... you need to move up here and look for work on the Island.

Yep... off topic... sorry for the sidebar, folks.

Yes, it is a pain in the ass to be sure, that said I do get some cool training. Okay, enough talking about work crap. Back to the fat!

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Anyone here have hypothyroidism, and if so has this way of eating effected anything?
    Thank you.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all
    I think ill bow out of this thread for a while, just want to simplify things in my life and just live.
    I will be back someday I am sure, as I know LCHF works. But I just cant focus on all those things right now.
    I did have the blood test, but undecided what I will do once I get the results
    Thanks for everyones help and I wish you all the best

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Canio - can I just ask - is your real name Jack Reacher ??????

Gwamma L_O_V_E_S Jack..............
    ...............sorry people - also off topic !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Hi all
    I think ill bow out of this thread for a while, just want to simplify things in my life and just live.
    I will be back someday I am sure, as I know LCHF works. But I just cant focus on all those things right now.
    I did have the blood test, but undecided what I will do once I get the results
    Thanks for everyones help and I wish you all the best
    Keep in touch, Ayla. You don't have to do LCHF to hang out here.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I will follow along to see how you are all doing though