Page 76 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 76

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    When you initially posted this in the old thread, I found that this is too much like work for my own good.
    funny, cause for me, if I get to dinner and don't have any of one of my macros left I tend to just give up and eat whatever I want. Thus, even more proof that this is a highly individual process!

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I think the Dr confused me. He mentioned Glucose test. But on the form, it says BSL and insulin (as well as thyroid ones). So will the pathologist just prick my finger again? Or will it be full blood test for BSP?
    I would assume a full blood draw. If you haven't gone yet, I suggest asking about adding a HbA1c test.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I would assume a full blood draw. If you haven't gone yet, I suggest asking about adding a HbA1c test.
    I will ask, but am sure ill have to wait to see the Dr first, as I was just going to see the pathologist.
    I am still trying to decide what to do.
    What is that test for? SOmeone mentioned it in my other thread.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm 5'6" and 120 is a good spot for me (pretty slim). That's without much muscle, though. 125 would be fine, depending on build, for 5'7".
    Isn't it difficult trying to work out the right goal weight? There are so many conflicting ideas. I am 5'6 trying to get down to 137 maybe 132 max (the lowest I can ever remember being was 147 in my wedding dress which seems to have a very small waist but I have no idea how I ever got there). The 137 come from my WII supposed ideal weight - really I would be happy to get into my wedding dress again. I can't even begin to image being 120 or even 125
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-07-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: clarification

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Rosemary, how is your water intake? Also, do you eat bouillon? If not, do so. That will help with electrolytes.

In other words, stinky taste in mouth is back
    Water intake isn't high, just drink when I'm thirsty. This week I'm doing the potato diet. After that back to primal and I can drink bouillon. I used to make my own bone broth but I'm looking for something I can buy to save me time and trouble. I also, except this week, take a TBL of unflavored gelatin twice a day to see if the collagen in it can help with excessive loose skin. Health insurance looks at excess skin removal as "cosmetic surgery". I've lost 116 lbs this past 2 years on primal but I suffered with the leg cramps for quite awhile before that.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 02-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Hi everyone - I have to stop following this thread till I get back from my vacation on Feb. 17th. I work from home and I'm on the clock now, but have spent at least 2 hours of that time reading old posts and looking for tips and suggestions. I've been using MFP (love this! but my PC will not allow me to download the feature to calculate percentages). I can see I am not getting enough calories and I'm getting too much protein. The calorie part is because I'm just not hungry enough to eat more. When I get back, I will use the LCHF recipe site to look for ideas to increase fat (I already add butter to my coffee, HWC to the occasional berries, full fat cream cheese to celery sticks, and avocado oil to my breakfast smoothies) and improve my fat/protein ratio.
    Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
    I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...
    Well, can you drink the pickle juice before bed? I was taking magnesium and still getting cramps at night, they stopped when I started eating avocado's again. I guess I needed potassium. Do your pickles contain turmeric? If so you could just use a turmeric supplement or make turmeric tea, but beware it turns everything it touches yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Water intake isn't high, just drink when I'm thirsty. This week I'm doing the potato diet. After that back to primal and I can drink bouillon. I used to make my own bone broth but I'm looking for something I can buy to save me time and trouble. I also, except this week, take a TBL of unflavored gelatin twice a day to see if the collagen in it can help with excessive loose skin. Health insurance looks at excess skin removal as "cosmetic surgery". I've lost 116 lbs this past 2 years on primal but I suffered with the leg cramps for quite awhile before that.
    First congratulations on the weight loss. That is fabulous. If your excess skin causes a "health" concern they will pay for it. So if you get a rash or yeast where the skin rubs together they may actually cover it you have to get your doctor to say its's medically necessary.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post

First congratulations on the weight loss. That is fabulous. If your excess skin causes a "health" concern they will pay for it. So if you get a rash or yeast where the skin rubs together they may actually cover it you have to get your doctor to say its's medically necessary.
    I have both those problems. The excess weight of the stomach skin pulls on my back muscles and in the summer the overlay of skin causes severe skin rash. Insurance may pay for that but my arms are really bad. When I was 244 lbs they were even out of proportion to the rest of my very overweight body. Thanks.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, ...
    JEALOUS! have a wonderful time! I would say I hope you come back all tanned --- but seeing where you live - I'm sure you're already there!

Stay clear of the 24 hour ice cream machines - and the dessert counters (honestly, they have never been that good anyway - at least on on the 3 Carnival cruises I've been on) Lots of good meat and veggies!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I will ask, but am sure ill have to wait to see the Dr first, as I was just going to see the pathologist.
    I am still trying to decide what to do.
    What is that test for? SOmeone mentioned it in my other thread.
    why are you seeing a pathologist for a blood draw??? Phlebotomists draw blood - pathologists diagnose stuff under a microscope.

HbA1c is an average of your blood glucose levels over a 3 month period. Its a measure for diabetes. You're number should be right around 4-5, over 6 is an indication of diabetes type 2.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I am trying to get a job as an admin asst, apparently on Post here having a penis disqualifies you from the position. It seems to have far more job security than my current position and I wouldn't have to spend half my day standing in the sun/rain/snow.
    If I remember correctly, you do gate security, don't you? Are you at Huachuca?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)