Page 75 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 2804

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 75

  1. #741
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,969
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Hi everyone - I have to stop following this thread till I get back from my vacation on Feb. 17th. I work from home and I'm on the clock now, but have spent at least 2 hours of that time reading old posts and looking for tips and suggestions. I've been using MFP (love this! but my PC will not allow me to download the feature to calculate percentages). I can see I am not getting enough calories and I'm getting too much protein. The calorie part is because I'm just not hungry enough to eat more. When I get back, I will use the LCHF recipe site to look for ideas to increase fat (I already add butter to my coffee, HWC to the occasional berries, full fat cream cheese to celery sticks, and avocado oil to my breakfast smoothies) and improve my fat/protein ratio.
    Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
    I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...
    Enjoy your vacation. When you get back let us know how you are doing!
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  2. #742
    marcadav's Avatar
    marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am now having second thoughts about doing it.
    I should just keep doing what I am doing and give it more time. My only "symptom" is not losing weight fast enough, I do think I probably gained this week due to heavy lifting on Sat, so I either have to not weigh or not lift at the moment.
    It seems like I am impatient, and I guess I am, but I have been over weight for way too long.
    Did I miss something? I thought you were going in to have your fasting blood glucose level tested. I didn't see where you were also having a 2 or 3 hour oral glucose tolerance test- OGTT. It is only when having OGTT that you have to drink the yucky tasting sugar drink.

  3. #743
    ez2cy's Avatar
    ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    313
    Ok...got it on Firefox........I still hate computers

  4. #744
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    8,737
    Magnesium is my go to cure for muscle cramps.

  5. #745
    shrinkinglo's Avatar
    shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    do you feel better? are you losing still? Are you getting all the fat and keeping the carbs low? I think that is the key to reducing hunger, if the carbs creep up they tend to fester a desire to eat even more of them. And the fat helps with staying power. IMHO
    I have just started on Monday, but my tummy has gone down I am always a couple of grams under fat, and my carbs are always spot on. Protein is always over, but as I am doing P90x exercises it all balances out.

  6. #746
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Did I miss something? I thought you were going in to have your fasting blood glucose level tested. I didn't see where you were also having a 2 or 3 hour oral glucose tolerance test- OGTT. It is only when having OGTT that you have to drink the yucky tasting sugar drink.
    I think the Dr confused me. He mentioned Glucose test. But on the form, it says BSL and insulin (as well as thyroid ones). So will the pathologist just prick my finger again? Or will it be full blood test for BSP?

  7. #747
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
    I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...
    I would try a magnesium citrate supplement at night (at least 250 mg, but 400 is probably more ideal). I say to try it at night b/c magnesium has a tendency to make people sleepy. If you wake up groggy, cut back a bit. 500 mg makes me groggy in the AM. It should also help with digestive movement.

    I would also jump on the bouillon train. Seems to help a lot of people. A bit of added electrolytes seems to be the trick for most everyone here when they get cramps.



    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Did I miss something? I thought you were going in to have your fasting blood glucose level tested. I didn't see where you were also having a 2 or 3 hour oral glucose tolerance test- OGTT. It is only when having OGTT that you have to drink the yucky tasting sugar drink.
    I was thinking the same thing... a fasting glucose is the reading done after 12 or more hours without food or beverage (other than water). I just had one last month.


    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok...got it on Firefox........I still hate computers
    Glad you got that taken care of... sorry it was so difficult. I remember some of us having difficulties with it in the last EMF thread too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  8. #748
    Rosemary 231's Avatar
    Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Magnesium is my go to cure for muscle cramps.
    Having fought through the night with leg and foot cramps makes me wonder if I'm taking enough. I take 500 mg. I also take some Potassium. How much to you take?

  9. #749
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Feel so much better in 2 days thx, not losing yet and struggeling to get my G's fat high and protein lower - carbs are looking okay. Trying to find that post but too many pages at the recipes. The day I have TOM I will be the happiest women alive - it just gone since March 2012 when I stopped the PILL (so a lot of homonal issues at this stage)
    oh but the beauty of the recipe group is that the title says fat sources for NK, it is on the first page about half way down. Congrats on feeling better.

  10. #750
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Having fought through the night with leg and foot cramps makes me wonder if I'm taking enough. I take 500 mg. I also take some Potassium. How much to you take?
    Rosemary, how is your water intake? Also, do you eat bouillon? If not, do so. That will help with electrolytes.

    In other words, stinky taste in mouth is back

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •