Page 74 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 74

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Lizard I do use an egg white protein powder when I can't make supper or need a quick meal. I use mine in my smoothie. Protein powder,coconut milk and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Delish.
    Any suggestions for replacement of coconut milk?? Not easy to find in SA and trying to avoid dairy and Soy!!
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    This group has been a right eye opener.

When I started Primal last year, I had come from the low carb high protein NO FAT diet which was slowly working.

when I started Primal I ate and I did not stop - loads of chicken, salmon, steak - 2 large omlettes a day. Although I was not putting on weight I certainly was not losing any.

I only realised how much I was eating when I started this group.

I am still over most days because I am still so hungry, but I am eating half of what I was eating on standard primal.

Thank you so much guys.
    do you feel better? are you losing still? Are you getting all the fat and keeping the carbs low? I think that is the key to reducing hunger, if the carbs creep up they tend to fester a desire to eat even more of them. And the fat helps with staying power. IMHO

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I don't touch whey myself. I eat real food. I do have a BPC and broth in the mornings then eat something heavier at lunch and dinner. I have found that, at least for myself, if I have anything more than what I have in the mornings, I really can't eat much throughout the day
    this! After my n=1, I have found this to be ideal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I try to evenly balance my calories, and to the extent I can the macros too, between the 3 meals a day that I eat. On the 3 days I work the whole day, I split my lunch in half, and eat half at work around 2:30 the other half when I get home around 4:30.
    Ohmygosh, I have tried this.. it makes me crazier than I already am!! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    A note on My Fitness Pal...

Many of the search engines have user scripts and extensions that can be downloaded and will add percentages and pie charts to your food diary. This can be huge for us especially if you don't always make your calories. Here is one site that describes what to do:

Configuring MyFitnessPal for Keto Success

I unfortunately use chrome, so I had to go to the chrome app store and download extentions from there. Percentages only, no pie chart for me.
    ahhhhhhg.....(#*(#*!@( No way I get this to work. I got to download the script at MyFitnessPal Percentages and Net Carbs for Greasemonkey and it does not allow me to go there. I googled Trixie and downloaded it, it's been enabled. I changed my MFP to include fiber as told. I've rebooted, re installed, rebooted, broke a chair, punched a hole in the wall (73 calories burnt though) and nothing. Why oh why is this not working for me on IE? I'm going to try Firefox but god I hate switching browsers when everything is set up in IE

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    do you feel better? are you losing still? Are you getting all the fat and keeping the carbs low? I think that is the key to reducing hunger, if the carbs creep up they tend to fester a desire to eat even more of them. And the fat helps with staying power. IMHO
    Feel so much better in 2 days thx, not losing yet and struggeling to get my G's fat high and protein lower - carbs are looking okay. Trying to find that post but too many pages at the recipes. The day I have TOM I will be the happiest women alive - it just gone since March 2012 when I stopped the PILL (so a lot of homonal issues at this stage)
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I try to evenly balance my calories, and to the extent I can the macros too, between the 3 meals a day that I eat. On the 3 days I work the whole day, I split my lunch in half, and eat half at work around 2:30 the other half when I get home around 4:30.
    When you initially posted this in the old thread, I found that this is too much like work for my own good.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    ahhhhhhg.....(#*(#*!@( No way I get this to work. I got to download the script at MyFitnessPal Percentages and Net Carbs for Greasemonkey and it does not allow me to go there. I googled Trixie and downloaded it, it's been enabled. I changed my MFP to include fiber as told. I've rebooted, re installed, rebooted, broke a chair, punched a hole in the wall (73 calories burnt though) and nothing. Why oh why is this not working for me on IE? I'm going to try Firefox but god I hate switching browsers when everything is set up in IE
    Sorry I made things worse for you. I wouldn't change browsers just for this.

I just tried it with Firefox and it's not working either.....)#@)#*(%$)@ I'm missing something but can't for the life of me figure it out. Don't apoligize, I wanted the pie and percentages. I liked that about Cronometer
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Hi everyone - I have to stop following this thread till I get back from my vacation on Feb. 17th. I work from home and I'm on the clock now, but have spent at least 2 hours of that time reading old posts and looking for tips and suggestions. I've been using MFP (love this! but my PC will not allow me to download the feature to calculate percentages). I can see I am not getting enough calories and I'm getting too much protein. The calorie part is because I'm just not hungry enough to eat more. When I get back, I will use the LCHF recipe site to look for ideas to increase fat (I already add butter to my coffee, HWC to the occasional berries, full fat cream cheese to celery sticks, and avocado oil to my breakfast smoothies) and improve my fat/protein ratio.
    Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
    I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...

aha.....anyone using Firefox......help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I figured out the problem. I downloaded Firefox...downloaded Greasemonkey like it said for the script. I click on the monkey's head and it says I don't have any scripts and have to pick. I open them up and it's like ??????????

Ok...I found the scripts but what or how do I install them? I try and when I go back it says nothing.

God I hate computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013