Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Lizard

So if your goal is 125 that gives you 57kg

57-63 protein
    29 carbs
    114 fat

Min cals 1370
    Many thx for the info - wow my protein is way to high, fat way to low & carbs almost okay. Had to make some adjustments to my pre planned meal - so current stats (tomorrow is another day - can't fix a day's stats in one meal);

Fat 89.48g
    Carbs 31.27g
    Protein 111.42g

Does somebody use whey protein or do you think real food is the best?
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Real food first.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    This is one I can answer...For the increase in fat, on page 1 of the LCHF recipe group is a discussion thread called "How to get more fat for NK" and in it there are 2 links that will give you some ideas.

For the calories we take your 125lb goal and convert it to kg and we get 56kg...So that means 56g of protien, 28g of carb, and 112g of fat (if you are trying to lose weight).

So we can multiply the 56 x 4 = 224, the 28 x 4 = 112, and the 112 x 9 = 1008, then add them together to get 1344 and that is your calorie goal.

I am 5'7" and I could not get to 125 if they cut off one of my legs! 150 is the lowest I have weighed since I have gotten to that height, and I wore a size 5 (that is a 30 years ago size 5 not current) and I looked skeletal. So that is where I was coming from.
    Great info thx - well at that stage when I was this weight I was on a low carb/NO FAT mission, I felt great, but if I think back I was constantly sick with sinus and flu (back spasms), but very active (that has been gone for the last year atleast, cause I was trying all kinds of yo yo diets with some fat at least). I'm going to be realistic and put my goal at 130lbs :-)

At this stage protein is way to high, fat to low and carbs almost okay - calories after adjusting dinner tonight 1367. Clean start tomorrow :-)

Restarted the journey:

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Lizard, I do whey protein in my breakfast smoothie, but only 20g of it. I would use 2 eggs instead except for I am trying to use up the whey (which is from zNatural and is only whey with a pinch of lecithin), and I eat 2 eggs at lunch and I like to get different sources for my macros. I have a lot of whey left and with only using 20g at a time it will take a long time to finish it. I will figure out what to do then. I will probably have moved on to something else for lunch by then.

Do check out those links in the recipe group thread, some good ideas there. Also, if you are on MFP friend us and you can check out others' diaries and see what they eat.

adavison is offline Member
    Lizard I do use an egg white protein powder when I can't make supper or need a quick meal. I use mine in my smoothie. Protein powder,coconut milk and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Delish.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    This group has been a right eye opener.

When I started Primal last year, I had come from the low carb high protein NO FAT diet which was slowly working.

when I started Primal I ate and I did not stop - loads of chicken, salmon, steak - 2 large omlettes a day. Although I was not putting on weight I certainly was not losing any.

I only realised how much I was eating when I started this group.

I am still over most days because I am still so hungry, but I am eating half of what I was eating on standard primal.

Thank you so much guys.
    Last edited by shrinkinglo; 02-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I don't touch whey myself. I eat real food. I do have a BPC and broth in the mornings then eat something heavier at lunch and dinner. I have found that, at least for myself, if I have anything more than what I have in the mornings, I really can't eat much throughout the day
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I try to evenly balance my calories, and to the extent I can the macros too, between the 3 meals a day that I eat. On the 3 days I work the whole day, I split my lunch in half, and eat half at work around 2:30 the other half when I get home around 4:30.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Holy Cow........ I'm peddling as fast as I can but I can't keep up with this thread! I just checked yesterday afternoon and I'm like 6 pages behind!

You people are busy little bee's!

its good to see all the help - support - and progress!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Lizard, I do whey protein in my breakfast smoothie, but only 20g of it. I would use 2 eggs instead except for I am trying to use up the whey (which is from zNatural and is only whey with a pinch of lecithin), and I eat 2 eggs at lunch and I like to get different sources for my macros. I have a lot of whey left and with only using 20g at a time it will take a long time to finish it. I will figure out what to do then. I will probably have moved on to something else for lunch by then.

Do check out those links in the recipe group thread, some good ideas there. Also, if you are on MFP friend us and you can check out others' diaries and see what they eat.
    I've been looking at that link and can find the topic " how to add more fat" more than a 100 pages - been playing around on FatSecret to get my % right but can only get my fat up to 104g and protein stay high at 74g..

Restarted the journey: