Page 72 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 72

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I try, I have them blocked on facebook too, I trust them and want my privacy as well as giving them theirs.
    You are a good mom. My girls want me as their FB friends and I do allow that. I've actually made the suggestion to my oldest to have 2 separate FB pages, one for family and a separate one for friends. There are some things that she posts that sends my relatives into a tizzy. I hope she listens.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Thx - what do you think the daily calories should be - and stupid question how do I increase my fat %, eating less protein and carbs and more fat??
    This is one I can answer...For the increase in fat, on page 1 of the LCHF recipe group is a discussion thread called "How to get more fat for NK" and in it there are 2 links that will give you some ideas.

For the calories we take your 125lb goal and convert it to kg and we get 56kg...So that means 56g of protien, 28g of carb, and 112g of fat (if you are trying to lose weight).

So we can multiply the 56 x 4 = 224, the 28 x 4 = 112, and the 112 x 9 = 1008, then add them together to get 1344 and that is your calorie goal.

I am 5'7" and I could not get to 125 if they cut off one of my legs! 150 is the lowest I have weighed since I have gotten to that height, and I wore a size 5 (that is a 30 years ago size 5 not current) and I looked skeletal. So that is where I was coming from.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post

If you use internet explorer, the script in the link that was posted will work just fine, except you have to go into your MyFitnessPal settings and tell it you want to also view fiber content of your food (click settings, then use the 5 drop down boxes to set the info you view: protein, fat, carbs, fiber). Doing this and installing the script will allow you to see percentages, as well as an additional column (net carbs) on your "food" page within MFP. The percentages will be at the bottom of the page with your totals and the pie chart will be below this section.

Do you have an android or iphone? You can also view the percentages and pie chart on your phone if you do...
    Ok, here lies the problem. I did what Pebbles post said to do in MyFitnessPal. I did not download any script nor did I see where that was in her post. ???? I looked back again and just saw what to do. I'll go back the 3rd time to see if I'm overlooking something. I have IE for a browser.

Phone? Nope, hate cell phones, smart phones and kids that own them.....LOL

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhg I didn't scroll down far enough for the script. Duhhhhhhhhh me!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You are a good mom. My girls want me as their FB friends and I do allow that. I've actually made the suggestion to my oldest to have 2 separate FB pages, one for family and a separate one for friends. There are some things that she posts that sends my relatives into a tizzy. I hope she listens.
    yes, I do occasionally hear from a relative or 2 about something the kids have posted, but then I suggest the relative either say something to the kid to remind them that others do see what they post, or the relative can block them as well.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    I'm "working" at work, writing my paper and reading this thread now as well.
    What do you do for work? I'm an administrative assistant and, quite honestly, despise it. I don't mind the work - when there is actually work to do - but I don't like the office I work in - I feel excluded from the team most of the time - like I don't belong. *shrug* but it pays the bills - quite well - so I suck it up until I can land something more up my alley.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhg I didn't scroll down far enough for the script. Duhhhhhhhhh me!
    Actually, on the link she posted, there is an "INSTALL" button on the top right of the page. You want to click that. It will automatically download and install the script for you so that you can view those percentages in MFP.

I hope that helps clear up the mud... it gets kind of muddy in here.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    yes, I do occasionally hear from a relative or 2 about something the kids have posted, but then I suggest the relative either say something to the kid to remind them that others do see what they post, or the relative can block them as well.
    I've done that as well. My MIL gets upset with some of the stuff I put on FB so I've blocked her for the most part.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    What do you do for work? I'm an administrative assistant and, quite honestly, despise it. I don't mind the work - when there is actually work to do - but I don't like the office I work in - I feel excluded from the team most of the time - like I don't belong. *shrug* but it pays the bills - quite well - so I suck it up until I can land something more up my alley.
    I am trying to get a job as an admin asst, apparently on Post here having a penis disqualifies you from the position. It seems to have far more job security than my current position and I wouldn't have to spend half my day standing in the sun/rain/snow.

adavison is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Director of Graduate Studies at a university...Kinda a slow time for me now, so I am thankful that I am able to "work" and write.