Page 70 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 70

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok Pebbles......not to be a pain...BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PERCENTAGES???????????????? lol

I'm just using Google, not google chrome. I did the changes exactly like you posted and nothing. I know you said they are on the bottom, ok....but bottom of where? Top bar you have HOME FOOD EXERCISE REPORTS etc. I'm assuming it's suppose to be under Food? Would be great to have those at least, instead of looking and just saying "oh I must be close" LOL
    well, crazy, but your percentages show up when I look at your diary, probably because I use firefox and have it set that way though. So yesterday you had 71%fat/20.5%protein/8.5%carb as a suggestion, a pat of butter on your squash would have increased your calories and fat and made that squash supper yummy!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I have been told by Dr. Davis (Wheat Belly) that when you are losing weight your numbers will be all over the place. Mt ARNP says the same thing. I would start with food for a while before Metformin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Ill see what these results say once I get them back sometime next week. Dr did say if glucose test was high, he would want me on Metformin, but will have to think about that one.
    I guess since I have been eating 100% primal since Oct, and I have this, maybe I do need meds?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    If you are eating, not hungry and you feel good then ignore them. You are fine. I agree it is very very hard to listen to your bodies cues. Just stick with what you know is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am so sick of people saying I am starving myself though.
    Starving yourself is ignoring hunger, I am not doing that. Surely if my body wanted more food it would tell me?
    Its only recently that I have been able to listen to my body.
    After all the years of bingeing I am reluctant to make myself eat if I don't need to.
    The only thing I can think of is changing the BP coffee for food, but that won't add any more calories.
    Its all so confusing to me, I feel like I am drowning at the moment.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    @Neanderthal Betty, the Brocolli Cheese soup recipe typically holds I believe 4-6 servings.

@Betorq I know all about diet coke and aspartame, yada yada yada. I had a craving and indulged. I do stupid stuff like that all the time. Good luck on your experiment!

@athomeontherange I did a post on hystersisters.com and was referred to another bb for those who have had the ablation. I just haven't posted there.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Lizard Welcome. The LCHF protocol usually calls for 70+% fat out of your total calories. Speaking of calories, your look a little low for your height. What is your goal weight?

Wait, What is your height? I read 5 feet 7 inches, but now I am not sure because your goal wt. says 121lbs.
    Pebbles67 - Apologies made a Typo - 1.7m (5 feet 57 inches) - Goal weight 125lbs
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    well, crazy, but your percentages show up when I look at your diary, probably because I use firefox and have it set that way though. So yesterday you had 71%fat/20.5%protein/8.5%carb as a suggestion, a pat of butter on your squash would have increased your calories and fat and made that squash supper yummy!
    oops, forgot to add the butter, I'll go back and fix it, thanks teach.

Yea, I'm using internet explorer, set things up like Pebbles said to but nothing showing up. I'll have to look at Firefox.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Pebbles67 - Apologies made a Typo - 1.7m (5 feet 57 inches) - Goal weight 125lbs
    I could be wrong here, but I think that 1.7 meters is almost 67 inches, or about 5 feet 6 inches. Unless you are really small framed, 125lbs would be low I think.

oops, forgot to add the butter, I'll go back and fix it, thanks teach.

Yea, I'm using internet explorer, set things up like Pebbles said to but nothing showing up. I'll have to look at Firefox.
    I used the steps in the link and it worked on Firefox. We had to stop using explorer as we got a virus we could not get rid of and it doesn't work right anymore.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Ok Pebbles......not to be a pain...BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PERCENTAGES???????????????? lol

I'm just using Google, not google chrome. I did the changes exactly like you posted and nothing. I know you said they are on the bottom, ok....but bottom of where? Top bar you have HOME FOOD EXERCISE REPORTS etc. I'm assuming it's suppose to be under Food? Would be great to have those at least, instead of looking and just saying "oh I must be close" LOL
    In order to answer this question, we really need to know what browser platform you use - internet explorer (the icon is an e) or google chrome (a circle like Paula stated of blue, yellow, red and green).

If you use internet explorer, the script in the link that was posted will work just fine, except you have to go into your MyFitnessPal settings and tell it you want to also view fiber content of your food (click settings, then use the 5 drop down boxes to set the info you view: protein, fat, carbs, fiber). Doing this and installing the script will allow you to see percentages, as well as an additional column (net carbs) on your "food" page within MFP. The percentages will be at the bottom of the page with your totals and the pie chart will be below this section.

If you use google chrome (the circle icon to reach the internet), you will have to go to settings (top right hand corner of the screen, the symbol for settings is 3 stacked horizontal lines), then choose "extensions". I can't remember the exact way to search for extensions, but I believe at the bottom of this page, there is a button that says "get more extensions" or something similar. Click that and search for MyFitnessPal.

I am at work and we use internet explorer and I'm not able to use Google Chrome, so I cannot give more accurate directions than that at this time (and I won't be home til well after 10 pm central time tonight as I have school after work). I hope these instructions help a bit.

Do you have an android or iphone? You can also view the percentages and pie chart on your phone if you do...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I used the steps in the link and it worked on Firefox. We had to stop using explorer as we got a virus we could not get rid of and it doesn't work right anymore.
    I use Google Chrome for the same reason - less susceptible to viruses.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)