Page 69 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 69

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ok Pebbles......not to be a pain...BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PERCENTAGES???????????????? lol

I'm just using Google, not google chrome. I did the changes exactly like you posted and nothing. I know you said they are on the bottom, ok....but bottom of where? Top bar you have HOME FOOD EXERCISE REPORTS etc. I'm assuming it's suppose to be under Food? Would be great to have those at least, instead of looking and just saying "oh I must be close" LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Canio I hear you. I am guessing this no appetite thing will only last so long and then my appetite will come back. I agree with you about the do a program as written for a while before trying to change it. From the beginning I have found higher fat intake increases weight loss for me. Actually, it was adding more fat and dropping out most fruit that was the only change I needed to make to be eating Primal when I started. Everything else was pretty primal. I have never eaten junk except maybe in college. That is why this thread intrigued me. I have also found that on at least one day a week usually a day I ride my bike I need to eat more carbs. Not sure why, that's just what my body seems to want. I listen to my body except if it tells me to eat some chips or some chocolate, then I know it is lying to me LOL

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading this thread almost the entire day today and would love to join. I started Primal yesterday again after being away from this site since March 2012. I'm a 33 year young female, 5.7 and I have gained about 20lbs since :-( I was also diagnosed with a underactive thyroid, had cyst removed and stopped taking the PIL (Melodene) and boom!! Thyroid is normal again, but my body would not say the same. Looking forward to have your support and some advise regarding my ratio's;

B: X2 Hardboiled Eggs, salmon & pickle
    L: Chicken (baked with olive oil) and Hardboiled Egg salad (lettuce/cucumber/tomato/onion)
    D: Turkey drumstick/ Eggplant bake (mushroom/onion/tomato with cream cheese)

Total Calories: 1284
    Fat: 59% (84.66)
    Protein: 33% (105.90g)
    Carbs: 8% (24.36g)

Not sure if my carb intake is to high and fat to low...Or protein to high.
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    I listen to my body except if it tells me to eat some chips or some chocolate, then I know it is lying to me LOL
    LOL Apparently you are smarter than I am I'm glad it is working out for you. Only you know your body and what it needs. As long as things go well, all is good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    FIRST: Well lets hear it for another clean day!! Whoo hoo.. and I have a non-scale victory! Last spring I bought some clothes, one was a brown suede-ish jacket/blouse that you wear a cammie underneath, well when I went back to work from surgery (my weight had gone up) I could get it on with ONE button. It looked terrible!! I hung it back up. Today, it is nicely buttoned and the belt tied. It looks good!!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Thanks, I just did a post about this. Let's hope someone has an answer for me.
    let me know what you find out and if the group could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    How did your lunch date last week w/ said diet coke go? Aspartame is not a nice thing, not at all. You may want to read up on this stuff before you make any 2nd dates: Google

I think it's really a great thing, this new thread and what you all have banded together to do, in a supportive, kind, and non-mud-slinging manner. On Feb 17th, I will along with 2 other ladies ,age 68 & 75, undergo a 14 day intensive of NK combined with appropriate exercise. After the 1st 2 weeks of serious NK (no fruits, minimal carbs), we'll then segue into another 8 weeks of less harsh NK & see how that goes.
    Well... hello!! Best wishes in your venture!

Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Good morning, All!
    I have a basic morning routine upon waking as I am sure other do. One of the habits of this routine is jumping on the scale. I try so desperately not to do it, but I cave so easily. I had every intention of walking away from it this morning, but it just kept calling my name, teasing like. So I hopped on. Down another 2 pounds!! Take that, you tormenting scale!!!!

I hope you all have a great day!
    The force is strong with this one... (ummm may need to watch star wars tonight! LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yes my scale has a siren song to... I step on it and it sets off a siren!
    LOL'd!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok Pebbles......not to be a pain...BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PERCENTAGES???????????????? lol

I'm just using Google, not google chrome. I did the changes exactly like you posted and nothing. I know you said they are on the bottom, ok....but bottom of where? Top bar you have HOME FOOD EXERCISE REPORTS etc. I'm assuming it's suppose to be under Food? Would be great to have those at least, instead of looking and just saying "oh I must be close" LOL
    Not sure what just Google is. When you go on the internet, what symbol do you click? e is internet explorer, Chrome is a circle with blue in the middle and yellow, red and green on the outside.etc.

Probably, if you are using any form of Google, then you cannot use the information in the link I put in that post. You have to go to the google app store, search for MyFitnessPal and download any scripts or extentions you find there.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Lizard Welcome. The LCHF protocol usually calls for 70+% fat out of your total calories. Speaking of calories, your look a little low for your height. What is your goal weight?

Wait, What is your height? I read 5 feet 7 inches, but now I am not sure because your goal wt. says 121lbs.

calee is online now Senior Member
    Good Morning,

Last Friday I got a stomach bug that lasted several days. I spent three days on the potty. During that times ate some rice and potatoes. For whatever reason it helped plug me up. Yesterday my energy started to return. I could walk my usual 5k that i do once or twice a day,nwithout wanting to call a cab.

I hopped right back on HFLC yesterday. Much to my dismay, up THREE pounds of the six that I shed in January. What sadness when I saw that this morning. It's a great reminder to me that veering off path just is not worth it.

Off to tackle those three pounds!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Callee, I'd say that water weight.

calee is online now Senior Member
    I hope so Ashley! It takes so long for me to get off!