Page 68 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 68

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Betorq Welcome. Nice to "see" you. Please let us know how your experiment goes.

B2B Congrats! I have fallen to the siren song of the scale as well.

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Siren song.....a perfect description!! Thanks, Pebbles.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    canio I use the calculated number of calories as my guide for this is as much as I should eat don't go over. That said I don't feel hungry eating this way so I rarely come close to that many calories if I only eat when hungry. One day a week or so I eat higher crb so I do eat more calories that day. It's a balancing act to know what is going to work for each individual. I try to remember the weight didn't go on overnight it's not going to fall off over night. Ayla you may need to find your patience and take your time with the weight loss. Your body needs to heal.
    Last edited by Primal123; 02-07-2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: typos

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gang, I love this thread! I've been following my plan for a few days with out much problems, except for severe cramping, which I'm fixing with bullion. One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that I have Hypothyroidism. Will being low carb be an issue?
    Thank you.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    B2B Congrats! I have fallen to the siren song of the scale as well.
    Yes my scale has a siren song to... I step on it and it sets off a siren!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 thoughts regarding not eating your calories continually day after day...

1. I would worry that if one of your meals is BPC and then you eat one other you are likely to come up pretty short on nutrients.

2. well never mind about #2

My suggestion would be to occasionally switch out the BPC for a meal for the nutrient content if you truly are way under calories regularly.

My other suggestion would be to stop telling those people who are bugging you about starvation what it is you are eating. It is none of their beeswax.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Canio6 yes that is the formula that people here use yes.
    I just found going higher fat, I didn't need to eat as much.
    I don't see it as starving myself. I don't track every day now, but I do check sometimes and some days I get to 1200 cal, some days I don't.
    Oh, okay. That makes sense. So you are doing a modified version of this program where you listen to your body. Cool. I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    canio I use the calculated number of calories as my guide for this is as much as I should eat don't go over. That said I don't feel hungry eating this way so I rarely come close to that many calories if I only eat when hungry. One day a week or so I eat higher crb so I do eat more calories that day. It's a balancing act to know what is going to work for each individual. I try to remember the weight didn't go on overnight it's not going to fall off over night.

I understand that completely and I think much (all?) of diet/WOE is n=1. That said, I think it is important for someone to do a program the way it is written for a while. Like the PBP - do it for 6 months before changing things up. It bugs the hell out of me when someone posts, "So I have been primal for a week and I am not losing weight so I am going to leptin reset/IF/eat no carbs/eat only carbs/eat whatever because this just doesn't work!" I figure this is the same - eat per the forumula and then after X amount of time switch it up if you need to.

Listening to your body is all well and good if your body is saying the right thing. Too often my body says, "Eat a donut, nah, eat two...and by two I mean two dozen...." At 300 pounds I could eat when I am hungry and lose weight because real food is more satiating and I was still under my calorie numbers (on the one day in 20 I would track). Now, not so much. If I 'listen to my body' I eat too much because for 20+ years I was 100 pounds overweight. My body likes more food. At the same time, a chronic dieter's body might be telling them, "You are losing weight. You are full. Seriously, you are full on 800 calories...stahp eating..." Eh, whatever, it is just something I think about. Lord knows this losing weight thing is a pain in the ass - luckily I have a big ass so the pain is spread.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yes my scale has a siren song to... I step on it and it sets off a siren!
    Well Done, my friend. Gave me a chuckle.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think much (all?) of diet/WOE is n=1. That said, I think it is important for someone to do a program the way it is written for a while. Like the PBP - do it for 6 months before changing things up. It bugs the hell out of me when someone posts, "So I have been primal for a week and I am not losing weight so I am going to leptin reset/IF/eat no carbs/eat only carbs/eat whatever because this just doesn't work!" I figure this is the same - eat per the forumula and then after X amount of time switch it up if you need to.

Listening to your body is all well and good if your body is saying the right thing. Too often my body says, "Eat a donut, nah, eat two...and by two I mean two dozen...." At 300 pounds I could eat when I am hungry and lose weight because real food is more satiating and I was still under my calorie numbers (on the one day in 20 I would track). Now, not so much. If I 'listen to my body' I eat too much because for 20+ years I was 100 pounds overweight. My body likes more food. At the same time, a chronic dieter's body might be telling them, "You are losing weight. You are full. Seriously, you are full on 800 calories...stahp eating..." Eh, whatever, it is just something I think about. Lord knows this losing weight thing is a pain in the ass - luckily I have a big ass so the pain is spread.
    this. it is the reason I had to step away from the scale while I am giving this WOE its chance. If I am getting on the scale everyday I am tweaking every day. It truly doesn't matter what the scale says, I tweak. I cannot trust my body to tell me right now. I personally miss the subtle hunger cues and end up in serious feeling sick starvation I gotta eat it all mode if I totally skip a meal. I sincerely hope that this WOE does end up healing my body after all the damage I have done to it over the past 40+years of yo-yo dieting. That is as important as the weight loss.