Page 67 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 67

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Oh, that test is not going to go well with you being on this diet. Even if your insulin sensitivity was decent you could see a bad result because it's going to shock your body. Your muscles become insulin resistant on a low carb diet (temporarily!) to cause all the sugar you do have to go to the brain. So you hit that with a big load of sugar and boom, blood sugar problems!

A more accurate result would be found after several days of eating carbs again.
    ah that makes sense yes, i forgot about the drink part.

I am so sick of people saying I am starving myself though.
    Starving yourself is ignoring hunger, I am not doing that. Surely if my body wanted more food it would tell me?
    Its only recently that I have been able to listen to my body.
    After all the years of bingeing I am reluctant to make myself eat if I don't need to.
    The only thing I can think of is changing the BP coffee for food, but that won't add any more calories.
    Its all so confusing to me, I feel like I am drowning at the moment.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm experiencing a massive headache today. A lot of stress from last night. Not going to hash it out here, but if you want to know more, feel free to look in my journal. Anywho, I'm wanting a diet coke at lunch and am probably going to drink it.
    How did your lunch date last week w/ said diet coke go? Aspartame is not a nice thing, not at all. You may want to read up on this stuff before you make any 2nd dates: Google

I think it's really a great thing, this new thread and what you all have banded together to do, in a supportive, kind, and non-mud-slinging manner. On Feb 17th, I will along with 2 other ladies ,age 68 & 75, undergo a 14 day intensive of NK combined with appropriate exercise. After the 1st 2 weeks of serious NK (no fruits, minimal carbs), we'll then segue into another 8 weeks of less harsh NK & see how that goes.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am so sick of people saying I am starving myself though.
    Starving yourself is ignoring hunger, I am not doing that. Surely if my body wanted more food it would tell me?
    Its only recently that I have been able to listen to my body.
    After all the years of bingeing I am reluctant to make myself eat if I don't need to.
    The only thing I can think of is changing the BP coffee for food, but that won't add any more calories.
    Its all so confusing to me, I feel like I am drowning at the moment.
    Perhaps I am confused about how this NK/HFLC thing works, but I thought a person 1. figured out their HSIS weight. 2. Figured out calories. 3. Figured out macro ratios and how they fit those calories. 4. Ate it.

If your calories and ratios are at the correct levels then you are not starving nor are you listening to your body. You are eating real, whole foods until you reach your X number of calories with correct macros. For arguments-sake lets say it is 1500. If you body gets full at 1200 you eat 300 more. If you are hungry at 1500 you suck it up. Or am I completely missing the point of setting a calorie number?

I am beginning to wonder if I am really confused.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I eat when I am hungry, but don't always reach my calorie goal.

Maybe some people see calories as how you described it, but I eat what I need.
    If I needed to go over my limit I would, but it never happens. I am not going to eat more when I don't need it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    Being committed to a group helps more, I think.

I am so damn proud of you.
    Thank You. Tomorrow I plan to share some of the interesting insights I've had on my binge eating disorder throughout this process of getting and staying clean.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    ah that makes sense yes, i forgot about the drink part.
    The drink is awful and you are going to feel like crap during the test. Sorry. I had one about six months ago. I was diagnosed hypoglycemic. The recommendation: eat a balanced diet of 6 small meals a day. lol This program has helped with that too.

Canio6 yes that is the formula that people here use yes.
    I just found going higher fat, I didn't need to eat as much.
    I don't see it as starving myself. I don't track every day now, but I do check sometimes and some days I get to 1200 cal, some days I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The drink is awful and you are going to feel like crap during the test. Sorry. I had one about six months ago. I was diagnosed hypoglycemic. The recommendation: eat a balanced diet of 6 small meals a day. lol This program has helped with that too.
    I am now having second thoughts about doing it.
    I should just keep doing what I am doing and give it more time. My only "symptom" is not losing weight fast enough, I do think I probably gained this week due to heavy lifting on Sat, so I either have to not weigh or not lift at the moment.
    It seems like I am impatient, and I guess I am, but I have been over weight for way too long.

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, All!
    I have a basic morning routine upon waking as I am sure other do. One of the habits of this routine is jumping on the scale. I try so desperately not to do it, but I cave so easily. I had every intention of walking away from it this morning, but it just kept calling my name, teasing like. So I hopped on. Down another 2 pounds!! Take that, you tormenting scale!!!!

I hope you all have a great day!
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172