Page 66 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 66

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Stopping by to give a shout out to all you EMFers Paula congrats on your 21 days, that is amazing! Tomi, vacay will be a breeze. You can do it! Everyone keep working at it! I am still fighting the fibro issue so back to higher carbs but enjoy catching up with everyone's accomplishments!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Roast duck... yeah, there's FAT in that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Dr thinks likely metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance.
    Thyroid was tested back in May and was in normal range, but he has requested that again.
    He took blood sugar levels, and was 8.4 (higher than 6.9 is high he said) after having only BP coffee 6 hours before. I am going back tomorrow for the fasting glucose test as well as the other blood tests.
    So yeah I guess something prob is wrong with me

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Girl, I got the insulin resistance, or as we call it in South the pre-sugars It is ok, no matter how you decide to treat it with food or food and meds.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ill see what these results say once I get them back sometime next week. Dr did say if glucose test was high, he would want me on Metformin, but will have to think about that one.
    I guess since I have been eating 100% primal since Oct, and I have this, maybe I do need meds?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    hey Paula... I haven't read The Optimal Diet and I can't find anything online about it except other people's reviews/interpretations of it. Where would one go who hasn't read the book to see this ideal weight chart? Or does no such thing exist and everyone is going off of the CW charts?

What would a woman with a medium/large frame at 5'4" chooose for a goal weight?
    I am 5'4" started at 225 and now at 173 I think my goal is 150. I have a very large chest DDD. I am also a large frame at 225 I had no idea where I wanted to end up but as I get closer I am starting to picture it.

For people that have made the broccoli cheese soup recipe, how many servings tend to come out of it?

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Thanks for that, I am starting to suspect I am really effed up from my 13 years of binge/lose weight/gain weight cycle. This week I have gained 2 kg of the 4 kg I lost in Jan, and the only thing I did differently was lift heavy on Sat.
    I started back primal in Oct at 109 kg and it was only when going HFLC and counting calories for a little bit, that I lost some.
    I know I am not eating too much. Something has to be wrong.
    Good luck figuring out Ayla. Just read your post about the doctor visit. at least you'll know and can develop a plan to get it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Hey everyone, I started eating right the last few days and been following this;Carbs: 44 gm, 7.9%
    Protein: 94 gm, 16.8% Fat: 187 gm, 75.3% (Thanks Jenn) Things are going well except I started cramping up today, bad. My sides, stomach area, inner thigh's, etc. I've been taking potassium and magnesium supplements. Any tips on getting ride of these?
    Thank you.
    Potassium helps eliminate my leg cramps. avocado's seem to work well.

About mid cycle bleeding. I have been having spotting midcycle for the last two cycles. My TCM provider says the better nutrition is improving my hormones and it's likely breakthrough bleeding. All other signs look good my hair is growing in and getting thicker, grey hairs disappearing, weird stuff.

And I just want to say I feel like I just ran a marathon. I was away for the weekend and just spend the last three days trying to catch up on the posts. This is a chatty group. Don't know if i can keep up with the reading. Oh I did finally lose a pound between last week and yesterday. Finally.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Ill see what these results say once I get them back sometime next week. Dr did say if glucose test was high, he would want me on Metformin, but will have to think about that one.
    I guess since I have been eating 100% primal since Oct, and I have this, maybe I do need meds?
    Oh, that test is not going to go well with you being on this diet. Even if your insulin sensitivity was decent you could see a bad result because it's going to shock your body. Your muscles become insulin resistant on a low carb diet (temporarily!) to cause all the sugar you do have to go to the brain. So you hit that with a big load of sugar and boom, blood sugar problems!

A more accurate result would be found after several days of eating carbs again.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thank You. This group has really helped in my success.
    Being committed to a group helps more, I think.

I am so damn proud of you.