Page 65 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 65

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am bored. So I am rereading info to help me on this journey to let go of the fat. This article is a great one...How can I lose weight? The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    For the thyroid: T3, Free T3, T4, Free T4, Reverse T3, and TSH.
    Check your vitamin D3 levels.
    Try to get him to do a saliva test for adrenal function.
    No clue on the female hormones.
    Thanks for that, I am starting to suspect I am really effed up from my 13 years of binge/lose weight/gain weight cycle. This week I have gained 2 kg of the 4 kg I lost in Jan, and the only thing I did differently was lift heavy on Sat.
    I started back primal in Oct at 109 kg and it was only when going HFLC and counting calories for a little bit, that I lost some.
    I know I am not eating too much. Something has to be wrong.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Hey everyone, I started eating right the last few days and been following this;Carbs: 44 gm, 7.9%
    Protein: 94 gm, 16.8% Fat: 187 gm, 75.3% (Thanks Jenn) Things are going well except I started cramping up today, bad. My sides, stomach area, inner thigh's, etc. I've been taking potassium and magnesium supplements. Any tips on getting ride of these?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Hey everyone, I started eating right the last few days and been following this;Carbs: 44 gm, 7.9%
    Protein: 94 gm, 16.8% Fat: 187 gm, 75.3% (Thanks Jenn) Things are going well except I started cramping up today, bad. My sides, stomach area, inner thigh's, etc. I've been taking potassium and magnesium supplements. Any tips on getting ride of these?
    Thank you.
    bouillon cubes work best for me, 2 or 3 a day for about a week, then not needed them since. Herb-ox or knorr, not totally primal though, so you could go with homemade bone broth with lots of salt added, but that didn't work as well for me.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    I am 53, just started menopause last fall. Jeans that fit last summer were too tight overall before going low carb high fat on Jan 19. I've lost about 8-10 lbs since. The jeans are now baggy in thighs, loose in the butt, but are still too tight in the waist.
    What the heck? Is some sort of pennance?
    Does anyone else experiencing this and has anyone ideas for a solution? (I confess I haven't exercised much since minor knee surgery last November, and don't do sit-ups. I will start them eventually, just not right now...)
    I just have a total hysterectomy in September and am in menopause at 42. I had the swelly belly from it but have not noticed the bigger belly. In fact, I think my belly is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Welcome to menopause! Androgen now rules! And its job is to thicken the waistline and smooth out the curves. Damn hormone! When estrogen and progesterone decrease - this hormone becomes dominant and shifts the fat deposits from the limbs to the mid-section. UGH! As if hot flashes and lack of libido aren't enough - now we get fatter in the middle too?

Androgen
    Androgen, known as the male hormone, occurs in women in small quantities. Androgen stimulates sexual libido, raises energy levels and enhances your mood. Elevated levels in females cause facial hair, a deepened voice and fat cells to form around the midsection. Although androgen levels decrease during menopause, estrogen levels drop at a higher rate, making androgen higher in ratio. Prior to menopause, you may carry more weight in the hip and thigh area. Overweight men tend to accumulate weight around the stomach and waist area, and during menopause, you may also notice a shift in the way fat is deposited. Adipose fat collects around your midriff area and decreases in your legs and arms.

Read more: Why Does Your Waist Thicken At Menopause? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    going to read this article but CRAP!! I thought now I would not longer have any hormone issues.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Like I said before, I'll be 37 next month and according to what my mom went through and my sisters are going through now, I could be looking to start perimenopause any time now. My oldest sis just turned 54 in December and she is just now completing menopause. I also know that with having the thermal ablation done in August, it can either complete end it or make it to where you barely have a cycle and I am experiencing the latter except I do have slight cramping.
    I have a hard time thinking this is HFLC related. You might need to go in and get a doctors opinion since it sounds like you have had trouble for a while now. I know only a little about ablations, for me they took everything. Take care of you sister!! Oh hey, have you ever been on hystersister.com? They would be a great resource to ask about this. Its for women who have had all differnt kinds of surgeries on our lady-parts (how else do I say that in mixed company?? LOL)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

still bored, still reading. This one is about an experiment that Dr. Eenfeldt did with Ketosis Experiment: Optimal Ketosis for Weight Loss and Improved Performance | DietDoctor.com

He has a graph where he compares his ketone levels using a blood monitor and ketostix.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I have a hard time thinking this is HFLC related. You might need to go in and get a doctors opinion since it sounds like you have had trouble for a while now. I know only a little about ablations, for me they took everything. Take care of you sister!! Oh hey, have you ever been on hystersister.com? They would be a great resource to ask about this. Its for women who have had all differnt kinds of surgeries on our lady-parts (how else do I say that in mixed company?? LOL)
    Never heard of that bb before. I may have to check that out. I would go to the doctor, but don't have insurance right now(took a job with a company that doesn't offer insurance) so going that route is out of the question right now.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Never heard of that bb before. I may have to check that out. I would go to the doctor, but don't have insurance right now(took a job with a company that doesn't offer insurance) so going that route is out of the question right now.
    Go to hystersisters.com so much helpful info. The chances of finding someone with the same or similar issue is pretty good. They also have a knowledgable staff.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Go to hystersisters.com so much helpful info. The chances of finding someone with the same or similar issue is pretty good. They also have a knowledgable staff.
    Thanks, I just did a post about this. Let's hope someone has an answer for me.
    Georgette

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    I am 53, just started menopause last fall. Jeans that fit last summer were too tight overall before going low carb high fat on Jan 19. I've lost about 8-10 lbs since. The jeans are now baggy in thighs, loose in the butt, but are still too tight in the waist.
    What the heck? Is some sort of pennance?
    Does anyone else experiencing this and has anyone ideas for a solution? (I confess I haven't exercised much since minor knee surgery last November, and don't do sit-ups. I will start them eventually, just not right now...)
    All I know, is that my mother was right when she said "First on, last off" with regard to gaining
    and losing weight in certain areas.

I know this because when I lose weight, it never happens where I REALLY WANT IT TO, first.

I lose back fat first, and then my FOREARMS (what? they aren't even BIG!) and then my calves
    (which are only 13in around to begin with) THEN my stupid %*^&! boobs, which I couldn't
    give two shits about, THEN my stomach and ONLY THEN.

So freaking annoying I could scream.

However, I HAVE noticed that my "Fat-O-Stat" is becoming deflated quite nicely.

That's the name I've given my c-section scar on the left.

When I'm "fluffy", it puffs out with fat and I can't see
    the scar at all when I stand up straight and look down.

When I'm NOT fluffy, my stomach is flat and all I *see* is the
    scar.

No puff, no nuthin'.

So there is my whacko response.

Julie