Page 63 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 63

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I found Ketostix at Wally world for @ $7 (for 50 count bottle) on the shelf in the diabetic supply aisle. No behind the counter hassle there, and a reasonable price....
    Same here in Arizona. Walmart brand is "Reli-On", they were right next to glucose test strips. I think it was $7. Best part was not having to ask for them. I tried cutting one in half - it works, but for this price, I don't think I'll bother. FWIW, I use Reli-On syringes to give insulin to my diabetic cat. Needles are very smooth and sharp - I actually preferred them to B-D (a more expensive brand).

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    will add percentages and pie charts to your food diary.
    Thank you for posting this. I made the switch and just copied what they had up, or maybe it's yours...lol used the 5% carbs, 35 Protein and 65% Fat (now that I think of it, it's to low, got to go back and fix)

Where does the percentages and charts show up? Did not see that.

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Everyone is doing so good! Binge free - avoiding snacks - more movement - improved mood! What a great list of pluses! Yeah!

I think I have concluded that night shades are NOT my friend. Anytime I have something with a tomato base or with chili powder I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my mid-section. Can't even call it a tummy ache cuz its the entire area of my intestinal tract. From the base of my sternum all the way to the top of my pubic bone. I feel terribly full and uncomfortable even though I eat a normal portion, not stuffing my face! The next day I will see up to 4 pound increase on the scales, my face is puffy and I feel yucky. I need to make a mental note to avoid nightshades.

This morning I'm drinking green tea w/pomagranate hoping to shed some of this bloat. Monday I was 182 - this morning 186.4. And I ate beanless chili with a baked potato both days. Before SuperBowl Sunday I was 178. HUMM......... wrong direction. I'm obviously doing something wrong. DUH........ So I think I'm going to fast today and drink lots of water and tea. Tomorrow I will get back to clean HFLC and do my best to stay on track during vacation. I'm taking pork rinds, almonds, cream cheese clouds - loads of butter too! I can do this!

I will need some help so please chime in and tell me to stay on the straight and narrow! I'd love to come home from vacation back into the 170s. We're leaving Friday.
    Where are you going on your vacay?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Speaking of Russian Circus... I am reminded that there are a few people I haven't seen in here for a while... I wonder if this thread is too big of a monster for some people to keep up with. I hope they stick around.
    I'm still relatively new to this site, but since you brought this up: this thread was started on 2/1; it's only 2/6 and there are already over 600 posts! I like this challenge thread, but with trying to focus on work and homelife tasks, it's really hard to keep up!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    I'm still relatively new to this site, but since you brought this up: this thread was started on 2/1; it's only 2/6 and there are already over 600 posts! I like this challenge thread, but with trying to focus on work and homelife tasks, it's really hard to keep up!
    some of our group from last month is what I am thinking she is talking about. Yep, this is a very fast moving thread.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I made the switch and just copied what they had up, or maybe it's yours...lol used the 5% carbs, 35 Protein and 65% Fat (now that I think of it, it's to low, got to go back and fix)

Where does the percentages and charts show up? Did not see that.
    The percentages will show under the macros at the bottom of the page. Aim for 70% fat if you can. I was not able to make the pie chart work with Chrome, so I do not know.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    doesn't a baked potato push you past your carb goal, tomi?
    Yes it does! We had a baked potato bar for super bowl party. It definitely pushed me out of ketosis!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Angry Not loosing weight in waist...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    ... I have gained so much weight around my middle over the last two year. I have never had much of problem with my stomach and now I look 7 mo pregnant. I'm going to get moving on exercise and I am sure things will start melting away.
    I am 53, just started menopause last fall. Jeans that fit last summer were too tight overall before going low carb high fat on Jan 19. I've lost about 8-10 lbs since. The jeans are now baggy in thighs, loose in the butt, but are still too tight in the waist.
    What the heck? Is some sort of pennance?
    Does anyone else experiencing this and has anyone ideas for a solution? (I confess I haven't exercised much since minor knee surgery last November, and don't do sit-ups. I will start them eventually, just not right now...)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    hey Paula... I haven't read The Optimal Diet and I can't find anything online about it except other people's reviews/interpretations of it. Where would one go who hasn't read the book to see this ideal weight chart? Or does no such thing exist and everyone is going off of the CW charts?

What would a woman with a medium/large frame at 5'4" chooose for a goal weight?
    All I know about the Optimal Diet is what Paleobird posted. I think the ideal weights can come from many sources. I got mine from the SPEED program book that a few of us did last year. I'll look it up for you.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    I am 53, just started menopause last fall. Jeans that fit last summer were too tight overall before going low carb high fat on Jan 19. I've lost about 8-10 lbs since. The jeans are now baggy in thighs, loose in the butt, but are still too tight in the waist.
    What the heck? Is some sort of pennance?
    Does anyone else experiencing this and has anyone ideas for a solution? (I confess I haven't exercised much since minor knee surgery last November, and don't do sit-ups. I will start them eventually, just not right now...)
    I have not technically started menopause yet, but I am am 54yo. I am experiencing a similar situation. It is odd for me, because I have always in the past lost in the waist and tummy first. Not lovin the change