Page 60 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 60

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    re: the headache.. maybe I need more fluids. I always have a cup in my hands and I would think I get enough. hmmm

8 days clean!! I had a close call yesterday though. Have you ever mindlessly popped something in your mouth? Yeah, it was like that only I spit it out before eating it. What was I thinking??? I wasn't.

I see there are a lot of new posters! Welcome!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    re: the headache.. maybe I need more fluids. I always have a cup in my hands and I would think I get enough. hmmm

8 days clean!! I had a close call yesterday though. Have you ever mindlessly popped something in your mouth? Yeah, it was like that only I spit it out before eating it. What was I thinking??? I wasn't.

I see there are a lot of new posters! Welcome!
    One night I was getting my daughter some cheesies and one fell on the counter. Out of habit I quickly popped it in my mouth, unfortunately they were very fresh and pretty much dissolve as soon as they hit your tongue lol. I am more careful now!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    athomeontherange, nice spit save!

calee is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, what you have just achieved in 21 days is phenomenal an so inspirational!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    My loving wife (I got her fooled), picked up the 5-HTP. Now it's 100mg and it says to take one 3x day with meals. I noticed Pebbles you stated you take it in the evening to help with sleeping, is that correct.

Now, I have been on antidepressants, (very mild). I've reaserched and found the 1/2 life. Question is, should I be taking them as directed or just in the evening?

Also, for those using ketostix, how many days doing the LCHF did it take before you saw the colour change?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Pebbles, what you have just achieved in 21 days is phenomenal an so inspirational!
    Thank You. This group has really helped in my success.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    My health care provider told me when it happened to me it was iron related or b vitamin. I use floradix to keep my iron levels up and it goes away. apparently, our heart has to work extra hard to get enough food due to the low iron.
    Adding iron has stopped the palpitations and the winded feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Why do stores keep them behind the counter? thats dumb.
    I wonder if WinCo out south has them? I don't go to Walgreens - too pricey!
    I got mine at Walgreens. They were like $7 for a bottle of 50. They're being the counter at some places to avoid theft - remember the low carb craze in the years between 2003 and 2008? Yeah. People were probably stealing them left and right. I found it annoying too, but businesses have to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am 21 days binge free!
    FANTASTIC!! Hugs of celebration!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    ^ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    My loving wife (I got her fooled), picked up the 5-HTP. Now it's 100mg and it says to take one 3x day with meals. I noticed Pebbles you stated you take it in the evening to help with sleeping, is that correct.

Now, I have been on antidepressants, (very mild). I've reaserched and found the 1/2 life. Question is, should I be taking them as directed or just in the evening?

Also, for those using ketostix, how many days doing the LCHF did it take before you saw the colour change?
    They say to take it in the evening b/c it can cause drowsiness.

I do NOT take it with food. I read online this weekend that if you take it with a lot of protein, it will bind to the protein and not be used to produce serotonin.

It takes me about 4 days of perfect food behavior to start registering on the ketosticks. It takes about 6-7 days to hit the dark purple color. But, if you have a huge store of glucose, you won't hit until you burn that up - so hit the gym!! You'll hit on the ketosticks sooner if you purposefully burn up your glucose stores while not replenishing them.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all. Weight has hit a standstill despite deep purple colors on the stick. I think this is b/c the Russian Circus is on it's way to town...

Speaking of Russian Circus... I am reminded that there are a few people I haven't seen in here for a while... I wonder if this thread is too big of a monster for some people to keep up with. I hope they stick around.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congats to Lala on your weightloss!!

Awesome job Paula!!!! So very pround of you! If I could give you a hug, I would.

Yesterday, I drank about 120 oz of water. I was literally that thirsty. Last night after I ate dinner, I really had the urge to snack on something but didn't. I knew that if I did, I would go over on my macros so I didn't. I'm not sure if I'm getting for another bout with the Russian Circus but I've been kind of feeling that way as of late. That could be why I was wanting something else last night.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post

Yesterday, I drank about 120 oz of water. I was literally that thirsty. Last night after I ate dinner, I really had the urge to snack on something but didn't. I knew that if I did, I would go over on my macros so I didn't. I'm not sure if I'm getting for another bout with the Russian Circus but I've been kind of feeling that way as of late. That could be why I was wanting something else last night.
    Great job with the water and not snacking to keep the macros in line. Its a good feeling isn;t it?
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.