Page 58 of 282 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 58

Kotato is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Alright, I'm feeling a little better now... Dinner wasn't as small as I'd feared, and I made myself a fat bomb treat tonight: 1.5 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tsp cocoa powder, .5 tsp honey. Microwaved it in a small dish for 10 seconds, then put it in the freezer for a few minutes (fridge might have worked better) and broke it up into pieces. 22 g fat, 4 g carbs. Tasted surprisingly decadent and chocolate-y for something that was mostly fat!
    23, F, 5'5" and ~140lbs
    My mostly-dormant journal

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I'm almost 6ft and built like a female offensive lineman. I think 200lbs would be a stretch (which is what I based my measurements on) because I remember what I looked like at 190 and it wasn't a healthy look. How many calories are you shooting for daily? I was actually working off of your macros before I did my own. I feel like I'm not getting enough fat. I'm so paranoid about ketotis going after my protein versus my fat.

Megan
    Wow, almost 6 ft. Awesome. I am aiming for 1800-1900 cals. I do 80% fat because it keeps me off the binge track. The HSIS weight for my height would be 150, which is ridiculously low. I chose 170 for my original macros. I have used my actual calories burned (BMR + activity) to tweak my macros a little more.

Just slowly work your way to at least 70% fat. It takes some experimenting.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    DO NOT take 5-htp if you take ANY kind of prescription antidepressant.

100% pure maple syrup does double duty here... it flavors and sweetens! I make my cream cheese clouds with maple syrup for this very reason. Yummo.

Me too. If I weigh once a week, I do the same thing. Every day works well for me.

That being said, I'm back down to 184 again. FINALLY. 3 months to put it on, one month to take it off. Hopefully I keep with the downward trend and don't get back into binging habits (which is what pushed the weight back up - but I blame hormones for the binging behavior as I quit using hormonal birth control in September).

Had some heart palpitations yesterday. Today I feel easily winded and my heart would start pounding. Started analyzing what had changed recently and realized I haven't taken my stressB + Iron in over a week... wondering if iron is low. Picked up a new bottle today to start that back up. When I was mildly anemic (reading of 12.1 instead of 13.5), I would get winded easily. My iron level gets checked ever 8 weeks or so b/c I'm a regular blood donor. I always felt winded when the blood center would deny my donation due to low iron, so I've come to recognize the signs. The only other thing to change recently is my increase of 5-htp from 100 mg daily to 150 mg daily, but everything I've read says there are no side effects to using this supplement. I will keep researching, but I'm pretty sure it's electrolyte and iron related.

Low electrolytes can cause irregular heart rhythm (palpitations) so I just drank 2 packets of Herb Ox. I gotta say the "regular" version is not as tasty as the "sodium free with 2 salt packets added". lol I'll get used to the taste change, I'm sure.

My health care provider told me when it happened to me it was iron related or b vitamin. I use floradix to keep my iron levels up and it goes away. apparently, our heart has to work extra hard to get enough food due to the low iron.

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Anyone drinking any wine doing this way of eating and losing weight? I really want red wine with my beef....LOL
    My fiancee and I have decided to limit our red wine to weekends only. We have a bottle friday saturday and sunday. We only eat two meals on those days and keep the carb count very low to none. We count the wine as our carbs for the day. Having said that even with an average of 1.5 bottles each per week I have gone from 182 on Jan 2nd to 174 today and he has gone from 195 to 181over that same time.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I haven't been able to find ketosticks at the Walmart on Turner Rd the last few times I checked. Walgreens on River Rd has them behind the pharmacy counter for about $10 for 50.
    Why do stores keep them behind the counter? thats dumb. I found them at the Broadway Fred Meyer - but the stinking pharmacy was packed and I wasn't going to stand in line to ask someone to hand me a box of pee sticks! I also didn't see a price cuz I wasn't wearing my glasses - well, I was, but they were perched on top of my head and all wet from the rain!

I wonder if WinCo out south has them? I don't go to Walgreens - too pricey!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Finally feeling as if I am getting past the mine field that is my period. I have spent the last 4 evenings fighting binge thinking with all the weapons in my arsenal. I have had a constant headache and have felt generally tired and sad. BUT...

I am 21 days binge free!

To avoid binging and have enough energy, I have been eating at the top of my calorie range. So last night I recalculated my Macros on MyFitnessPal to reflect the true "hot swimsuit weight" for my height, 150lbs. I want to see if I can hit that lower goal a few days a week. The rest of the time, I will stick to the macros for 170lbs, which is my goal weight.

I need to drink more water. The headache may be dehydration.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-06-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Great idea to have separate goals for period time and regular time. 21 Days! Woot!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    I found Ketostix at Wally world for @ $7 (for 50 count bottle) on the shelf in the diabetic supply aisle. No behind the counter hassle there, and a reasonable price....

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am 21 days binge free!

Congrats on the 21 days. Been 2 for me, so I think I won't be able to catch you. Headache very well might be dehydration. Although I've never had a monthly, and doubt I ever will, if I get dehydrated, I get headaches sometime.

loves walking is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pebbles67:
    Wow you are doing such a great job on being 21 days binge free. Congrats........
    Last edited by loves walking; 02-06-2013 at 04:39 AM.