Page 57 of 282 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 57

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Breakfast.......2 eggs, 1/2 avacodo, 1/4 cup of salsa, 1/4 milk, chile pepper, all scrambled with 4 slices of bacon, cup of coffee with tb of Coconut oil.

Supper; 5.8 oz of steak, cup of squash, caesar salad

Accepted you on MFP but I'm not going to use it anymore I don't think.

Adding supper on it but that will probably be it. Notice a bit of a differance in how both sites figure out calories. I was quoting what Cronometer said for today
    Last edited by ez2cy; 02-05-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    mks8500

Everything looks great. How tall are you?

I ask because I am 5'10" and going for 170 or 77kg. That is the high end of the wt' for my ht., but I plan to be muscular.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Breakfast.......2 eggs, 1/2 avacodo, 1/4 cup of salsa, 1/4 milk, chile pepper, all scrambled with 4 slices of bacon, cup of coffee with tb of Coconut oil.

Supper; 5.8 oz of steak, cup of squash, caesar salad

Accepted you on MFP but I'm not going to use it anymore I don't think.

Adding supper on it but that will probably be it. Notice a bit of a differance in how both sites figure out calories. I was quoting what Cronometer said for today
    I can't look at a list like this and assess, I need to see it in the form of MFP (or some such). Did you put dressing on your salad? And it says lean meat only for the steak?

For me, I generally track first then adjust, then eat it. I strive for a fairly equal split between the meals that I plan to eat. I also strive for the fat to be twice the protein, and then carbs no more than half the protein. For me it is easier to adjust that way. I do go quite a long time between breakfast and lunch, but if I totally skip it, I start prowling in the pantry, or munching while I am cooking dinner, so I don't let myself do it. Even if it is just a cup of tea with cream and coconut milk and an ounce or 2 of cheese.

Since this is all really just an N=1 experiment, I would say that if that felt good, then you are doing well. I would also suggest you go at least a week, preferably more before you start tweaking the macros. Give the body time to adjust. This is meant to be a long slow burn that lasts a life time. good luck!

Wow! 270 calorie differance between two sites. ????????

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I can't look at a list like this and assess, I need to see it in the form of MFP (or some such). Did you put dressing on your salad? And it says lean meat only for the steak?

good luck!
    I did have dressing but it's a no fat, no calorie, no sugar yadda yadda. Steak was lean. Nothing on it.

I updated the MFP to show dinner. Like I said above, there is a big differance between sites. Who knows which one is right?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I did have dressing but it's a no fat, no calorie, no sugar yadda yadda. Steak was lean. Nothing on it.

I updated the MFP to show dinner. Like I said above, there is a big differance between sites. Who knows which one is right?
    no telling! If you used something with a label you can check against that. If not there is a site that you can use to check that I think is about as accurate as it can get...Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Personally I believe that we each use calories/macros differently that is why technically calories do count but it is really hard to count calories. I think you find a site you like to work with, then you use the numbers as a guide when you find the combo of numbers that work for you.

shadoemckee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Thank you for this! Exceptionally helpful! I'm really researching ketosis right now and fascinated by this thread.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    mks8500

Everything looks great. How tall are you?

I ask because I am 5'10" and going for 170 or 77kg. That is the high end of the wt' for my ht., but I plan to be muscular.
    Thanks for the response. I'm almost 6ft and built like a female offensive lineman. I think 200lbs would be a stretch (which is what I based my measurements on) because I remember what I looked like at 190 and it wasn't a healthy look. How many calories are you shooting for daily? I was actually working off of your macros before I did my own. I feel like I'm not getting enough fat. I'm so paranoid about ketotis going after my protein versus my fat.

Megan

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Tracking my food again is starting to make me get a bit twitchy over not "meeting" my numbers (aka undereating), which is continually hilarious to me, binge eater extraordinaire.

Maybe I shouldn't do tracking because it makes me too obsessive. :*(

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    if tracking is causing you stress, I wouldn't do it.
    Lots can do it happily, but I can't.