Page 55 of 281 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 55

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    MFP is not the most user friendly site around! Go to Community (in the blue bar at the top) then to find members, then put in the user name, that ought to do it.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Just once..So I am sure is does not count.
    yea, one 60lb lift a day may not be enough of an excuse to increase your protein.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    In case anyone interested. My breaky this morning which I really enjoyed. and, I think was pretty close to on the money for LCHF. Maybe?

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...l#gmessage7331
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Richard, I cannot imagine chugging straight oil. So many yummy ways to get fat! In our LCHF recipe group there is a thread called something like "healthy ways to get fat for NK" and it has 2 links with suggestions for ways to eat your fat. Also, some of the recipes are great sources for that as well. Especially the ones made with cream cheese.
    Thanks will look now.

Olive oil isnt bad, just have a drink handy to wash it down and your golden.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Not trying to be cruel, but............if you carry the dog to bed, you have the "pet" thing backwards......LOL
    True...oh so true!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ah I have no hope of catching up on this thread today LOL
    Sucks to be on the other side of the world to most of you.
    Nothing exciting to report really, since im not officially weighing again till 1/3
    I hope everyone is doing well.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    See if I understand the quote thing.

I was thinking of my target goal as 175 but others told me 150 would be better? I understand MFP does not show you the fat/protein/carbs for LCHF way of eating, I'm just going by the calories it told me.

I actually found what I think is a better way to track site in Cronometer. It lets you set up your own macro's ie 70%Fat, 20%proteins and 10% Carbs. It also shows you your daily in both grams and in percentage so I know what I've done.

As far as the total calories...I don't know what to say, Cronometer has me set for 1397 to lose 2 lbs/week. ?????
    That just sounds really low for a guy. What is your current weight?

I'm currently 186 lbs and eat 1500 calories a day. I lost 11 lbs in January with a goal of 1500 calories, but most days ate closer to 1700.

Edit; I did the quote thingy...I DID THE QUOTE THINGY!!!!!!! TY TY TY! (little things make me happy) LOL
    Congratulations!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm at 211, and like I said, both sites are giving me roughly the same number to lose 2 lbs/week. (that's as high as it will go as well, weightloss/week)

Anyone drinking any wine doing this way of eating and losing weight? I really want red wine with my beef....LOL

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I am not doing well with all of this. I had a fibromyalgia flare up a few weeks ago that still hasn't gone away and I am very depressed. I have not been to work in two days. I don't know at this point if the depression caused the flare up or vice versa but either way I am not functioning. Sorry to just whine but something has to give. I just took a walk to try to get out some. It took all the energy I had. I have to go to work tomorrow and I want my life back. I am wondering if adding in carbs that are 'safe', maybe a Perfect health Diet style would help or if VLC is the way to go. I know we are all different but if anyone has had any experience w/ one or both and wouldn't mind sharing that would be wonderful! Thanks for letting me whine
    My experience-- My fibro went away when my thyroid meds were optimized. Prior to those getting optimized I worked on getting ferritin, vitamin D and female hormones optimized.

For me-- TSH must be ignored and Free T4 and Free T3 need to be above midrange of their respective ranges. In fact I feel best when they are at about 75%.

With respect to carbs, again for me, going VLC for very long makes my FT3 drop to barely in range. I found myself with low T3 and symptomatic in October when things were tested. Because of that, I experimented and ate a great deal more carbs (didn't track) from the end of October until January. On January 7 I had my frees retested and my T3 was back up where I feel best. This told me I need more carbs in my diet in order for thyroid hormone conversion to work properly.

Do you have test results for freeT4 and freeT3? How is your vitamin D, ferritin, blood sugar?